Start a Conversation

Unsolved

Y

2 Posts

May 20th, 2020 05:00

Dell Precision T3500 #2 green light blinking+power button solid orange+no boot

Hi, I have Dell Precicion T3500 Workstation. When i push the power button  that not boot,  the screen does not activated, the #2 green led is blinking and the power button is solid orange. This happens when the ram memories and the graphics card are installed on the motherboard and when they are not installed.

I saw the technical report of Diagnostic lights and beep codes but i didn't find the diagnostic led pattern for my problem.

Has anyone seen something similar?  I have no idea what it could be this, any thought will be useful.

Thanks,

Yiannakis

19 Posts

December 15th, 2020 23:00

hi mate any updates? i have the same issue but the power button is green for me

6 Professor

• 

8.2K Posts

December 16th, 2020 19:00

Hi @Yiannakis ,

I answered here - https://www.dell.com/community/Precision-Fixed-Workstations/Dell-t3500-2nd-LED-blinking/m-p/7763152/highlight/false#M5699 

Looks like you could probably skip the RAM part of it though as you said you removed it with no change in behavior.

6 Professor

• 

8.2K Posts

December 18th, 2020 10:00

I almost can't believe I forgot to mention this before. Replace the size 2032 CMOS battery. Energizer or Duracell is suggested as Sony only lasted me 2 years. They should last 5. Better deals on Amazon than in store.

Afterwards, one of 2 things should happen. It either starts working or it throws a more accurate error code. Been there, done that in this forum. A low battery will cause all sorts of seemingly unrelated bizarre problems.

I did give this same answer to @Gary1986 who is having similar problems.  See link above if you still want to see the other thread.

19 Posts

December 19th, 2020 15:00

hi, i replaced the battery with a new one and it now gives an audio code. I cannot attach it now as it doesn't happen on every boot (one in 7 or so) i think it goes 2-(3 or 2)- (3 or 2) i am completely unsure and not fluent in dell beep codes

No Events found!