Start a Conversation

Unsolved

P

3 Posts

December 15th, 2018 03:00

Mounting a non Dell motherboard inside a T3600 chasis

I want to make use of a T3600 workstation chasis but want to mount a non Dell motherboard (Intel DH61) inside along with its current components. I only have 1 pci-e grapics card (low profile) in addition to whats on the board now (i7 2600, 16gb ram, SSD) so no massive components to worry about. Looking at pics of the chasis, i wondered whether this was possible as the cables run under or around the motherboard and I'd like to keep it as neat as I can. Are the mounting points for the motherboard movable to enable me to secure the board down? I love the look of the T series (have 2 twin cpu T5600 beast too) so using these chasis will mean the two will look quite sweet sat next to each other (and my T310 server which looks quite different). So has anyone done this? Lessons and considerations? Can I even do this? All thoughts welcomed* *some thoughts might not be welcomed

December 17th, 2018 09:00

I have one of these bad boys at home and ill go give it a good look to double check for you but i can think of two problems right off the bat...

1. The rear IO panel is not removable so you will have to carve out a square piece in order to make room for the IO panel of your Intel board. (dremel time) not a deal breaker but just more work

2.The front panel connectors are almost guaranteed to be different so you will have to get creative with power- reset buttons and IO/debug lights on the front

If it was up to me i would get a E5-2690 for the stock board (Currently a meager $85 on ebay) and it will wipe the floor with that i7

But oh well as they say......tomato-potato 

No Events found!