Solved!

Go to Solution

1 Rookie

• 

49 Posts

December 5th, 2021 00:00

Precision T3600 not booting Windows Boot Manager nor USB

Heya,

I have a Dell Precision T3600, and I’ve had one since September 2019. Yesterday, I upgraded it to Windows 11. Right off the bat, the desktop would repeatedly crash. I tried reinstalling possibly corrupt files, but it didn’t work. I tried even going to Settings to go back to Windows 10. Sadly, it froze, and I tried restarting it, and it gave me an error. I tried restarting the computer, but then it would stall without anything for 1 minute, then it would throw me a No Boot Device Found. Press any key to reboot the machine error. I tried copying Windows 8.1/10 install disk to my USB from my SD card, then I tried booting from USB, then the computer would stall with black background and white cursor for an eternity. Any ideas in how I can fix the thing without losing my files?

thx,

TinGamerTV

1 Rookie

• 

49 Posts

December 7th, 2021 01:00

Guess what's nice? The freaking thing won't detect the DVD-RW at all, even though it is supported. I tried BOTH DVD drives, none worked. I even tried only making it automatically try to boot only Diskette Drive. IT STILL WOULDN'T WORK!!! I don't know whatever the heck is happening, but there's a heckuva problem here, and it's causing me problems!

4 Operator

• 

1.1K Posts

December 7th, 2021 02:00

I do wonder if somehow the UEFI got damaged. Being actually a filesystem area with files doesn't make it as reliant as the old bios.

If you can access the "bios" , switch to legacy bios and check if it boots the dvd/usb at that point

1 Rookie

• 

49 Posts

December 7th, 2021 03:00

I did just that, and it didn't work.

4 Operator

• 

1.1K Posts

December 7th, 2021 04:00

.....  reset the cmos ? change the cmos battery to just exclude it being on low charge as part of the issue ?

1 Rookie

• 

49 Posts

December 10th, 2021 01:00

I'm gonna try.

1 Rookie

• 

49 Posts

December 10th, 2021 07:00

Not working. Please help me.

5 Practitioner

• 

4.9K Posts

December 10th, 2021 09:00

@TinGamerTV , Lacking of many details like how did you upgrade to windows 11 (using registry hack?), if using USB drive, how did you create your windows installation USB (with windows creation tool?).  What kind of set up you have in your system, hard drive, SSD, drive controller (RAID).  Is BIOS up to date?  Did you change any BIOS value from defaults?  Better information would make assisting you better.

At this point, further working on resetting or changing BIOS may accidently make your drive become inaccessible, so I suggest the following:

For your first concern, removing your drive and using a hard drive dock to back up your files.

For your system issue, run a diagnostic and post the result here.

If there is no error, and knowing your data is safe, you can first, give your system a new coin cell battery (CR2032).  During power on, tap F12 key and access to BIOS settings.  Change to system default and save.  Plug in a windows installation USB and reboot to see if the system can recognize it.  If it does, you can proceed to do a clean install (using advance installation to delete all existing partition).  If it doesn't, post error here.

To create windows installation USB drive.  Download the windows creation tool (win10, win11) to a working PC and run it to create a USB drive (create to use on another machine).  

I am not working for Dell, suggestion and advice are followed at your own risk, the results are YMMV.

1 Rookie

• 

49 Posts

December 11th, 2021 00:00

Installed Win11 using reg hack, correct. I installed it from the installer tool, not any USB or DVD. I have a 256GB SSD and an 8 dollar 1TB hard drive (that is working, I got it from my brother’s company). No error in diagnostics, replaced CR2032 twice. First I need to recover the sensitive files, so first I will use WinPE and then the installer. I am going to try your tip.

1 Rookie

• 

49 Posts

December 11th, 2021 00:00

BIOS is A15. Should I flash it? Reset default settings.

1 Rookie

• 

49 Posts

December 11th, 2021 06:00

For some reason, when I put a Windows 10 Install Disk made using Boot Camp, the PC would slowly type the word "ExFAT" on the screen, then have 6 frames of the Windows logo, then return to black background and white cursor flickering. At least we have a bit of progress, right?

4 Operator

• 

1.1K Posts

December 12th, 2021 04:00

Glad to see that there's an happy ending

1 Rookie

• 

49 Posts

December 12th, 2021 04:00

Me too! This thread could be useful for people who need help as well.

4 Operator

• 

1.1K Posts

December 12th, 2021 05:00

Definitely

2 Posts

January 20th, 2023 10:00

You are a real star sir

1 Rookie

• 

49 Posts

January 20th, 2023 11:00

Thanks. If this helped you out (which it seemingly did), then I'm happy that this helped at least someone!!

No Events found!