bbogedin
1 Nickel

Precision T7610 USB 3.0 Not Working Win10 x64 Install

I recently picked up a refurbished Precision T7610. Installed Win10 x64. The problem is the USB 3.0 ports both rear and the one on the front panel do not work. Plug a USB drive that is USB 3.0 and tried a USB 2.0 drive both have lights to show that it is getting power but on any of the USB 3.0 ports the system doesn't recognize anything plugged in.

I checked cabling and its fine. Win 10 is supposed to have USB 3.0 native drivers. The Dell support site is no help. No firmware/driver information for USB 3.0 on this motherboard.

Details:

Latest BIOS A17 installed

USB 3.0 enabled in BIOS

All latest Windows 10 updates installed

Dell check for driver updates says I have all the latest drivers.

Device Manager doesn't mention any USB 3.0 host controllers that I can see.

Reaching out to the community for help. Anyone know how to fix this?

Labels (3)
0 Kudos
4 Replies
bbogedin
1 Nickel

Re: Precision T7610 USB 3.0 Not Working Win10 x64 Install

Here is a couple of screenshots from device manager.

chipset_devicemanager.PNGusb_devicemanager.PNG

0 Kudos
Cazzbar
1 Copper

Hello so I see that there are no Windows 10 USB 3.0 drivers installed in your photo you included on Dell’s Forum site. And I see that Dell does not offer drivers for the USB 3.0. But if you look at the drivers for the Windows 7 x64 the controller is NEC (Renasys) USB3.0 xHCI. So I suggest downloading and installing the Windows 7x64 driver link below: https://www.dell.com/support/home/us/en/04/drivers/driversdetails?driverId=MY3VD&osCode=W764&product... After install you should see a renasys xHCI driver loaded under the USB and your ports should work fine. Let us know what you find.
0 Kudos
bbogedin
1 Nickel

@Cazzbar 

Thanks for the reply. I installed it but no luck. Device Manager still doesn't show USB 3.0 host and no device works plugged into any of the USB 3.0 ports both front panel and back panel. Also tried multiple devices USB 2.0 and 3.0 since they are supposed to be backwards compatible. 

Yes it is enabled in the BIOS.

Any other ideas? 

0 Kudos
Cazzbar
1 Copper

Did you load the Windows 10 in UEFI mode? See if you can use a Windows 10 bootable USB drive in a USB 3.0 port. And press F12 and see if the USB drive is recognized under UEFI and if it boots to your USB key. If it does this would mean the USB 3.0 ports are working, it would definitely be a software/driver issue. Let me know what you find. 

0 Kudos