Start a Conversation

Solved!

Go to Solution

August 8th, 2020 07:00

T3500 won't power on

First it showed 1,2 light but it would boot up eventually.
the next day it was showing me an orange light when I attempt to start it.
So I took everything out. Cleaned it(I had already cleaned the desktop 2 weeks ago). And pressing the power button does nothing. The light on motherboard is turned on.

What I did so far:
Try a different PSU.
Clean the system.
Remove the cpu from the socket and insert it again.
Remove and insert rams.
Everything points to a dead motherboard. Anything else I can try?

6 Professor

• 

7.4K Posts

August 8th, 2020 18:00

1,2 is system configuration error.  Since you're not currently getting that, it probably doesn't count for anything.

Light on MB simply means it's getting power from the PSU.

Is the replacement PSU otherwise known to be working?

So no amber light now when you attempt to power on?  Normally, solid amber would mean bad MB and blinking amber bad PSU.

Right now, it sounds like likely an MB problem.

MB's on ebay are relatively cheap.  If you go that route, be sure to get something for a return policy, 30 days can be typical.

6 Professor

• 

7.4K Posts

August 8th, 2020 18:00

By the way, I didn't try to mark my answer as a solution.  I was scrolling when it did that and can't undo.

November 8th, 2020 00:00

my dell t3500 mb light wont even turn on what should i do

6 Professor

• 

7.4K Posts

November 8th, 2020 17:00

Unplug everything down to the MB, ALL external and internal peripherals.  Plug the T3500 back in.  Push the test button on the PSU and see if you get a green light.  Then, unplug the MB, and see if you get a green light.  No green light with EVERYTHING unplugged (includes GPU) means bad PSU.  But if you get the green light, but no green light with MB plugged in, then MB is bad.

BIST Test 

March 27th, 2021 22:00

so it worked out, but now i have the error solid 4, not receiving usb, no output what should i do now??

6 Professor

• 

7.4K Posts

March 28th, 2021 12:00

Precision T3500/T5500/T7500 Workstations Diagnostic Lights and Beep Codes 

Capture+_2021-03-28-14-47-52.png

If the BIOS has failed, the MB is done.  You said early on everything points to MB.  You're likely right.

It's been a while.  So I'm guessing you have another PC?  I think your T3500 is done unless a new refurb/used MB is stuck in it.

I'm also guessing you have no power light?

Also, early on, you said MB light is on and later it isn't.  MB light not on also means MB is done.

6 Professor

• 

7.4K Posts

March 28th, 2021 17:00

Sometimes the first and simplest thing to do is replace the size 2032 CMOS battery.  It can also be the thing to do of error codes are changing or inconsistent with Dell diagnostics.  But at this point, I think it's a long shot.  Up to you if you want to try it or not.  If you do and the error code changes again, if course, please post.  You should be getting an MB light even without the battery 

6 Professor

• 

7.4K Posts

March 28th, 2021 21:00

BIOS/CMOS checksum failure can be caused by a bad battery.

No Events found!