Start a Conversation

Solved!

Go to Solution

May 27th, 2022 06:00

T7600 with H310 Adapter, Foreign configurations found on adapter; All disks gone...

I've had my T7600 for about 8 years, and it's been running fine until yesterday morning.  I came into the office and the screen had the following:

==================================

Foreign configurations found on adapter.

Press any key to continue, or "C" to load the configuration utility, or "F" to import foreign configurations and continue.

All of the disks from your previous configuration are gone.  If this is an unexpected message, then please power off our workstation and check your cables to ensure all disks are present.

Press any key to continue, or "C" to load the configuration utility.

====================================

I have been using two disks one working and one mirrored.  This was the configuration from Dell when I purchased the T7600 new.

The H310 adapter has FW package: 20.10.2-0002

So, my basic question is how and can I get my drive back without losing the data.  I have a network drive backup but hope I don't have to rely on it.

I've never changed any configuration setting with the system, and I'm not that familiar with the H310 settings.

I opened the T7600 and checked cables, etc., and all were reconnected, and I reseated the H310 in the slot.  Is it possible the H310 failed?  I've not seen any problems with the drives, or system before this problem.

Thanks for any assistance.

Stan

7 Posts

June 3rd, 2022 05:00

@Murshad007 

You commented on my previous post in the older thread about the SSD drive application.  I though it best to get back to my original post for continuity.

My decision about keeping or removing the H310 was from not knowing the operational specifics on how to set it up and if needed, use the mirrored drive I have.  It came from Dell with RAID 1 configuration, and has operated like a champ until recently (my above topic description).  I've not found any operational instructions on how to use the mirrored drive, if needed, and I think I may need it now, if my main drive is starting to show signs of failure.

I haven't been deep into PCs since the early days of 8086, 80386, and Pentium processors.  Technology changes fast and I've been busy with other things and haven't kept up with the changes.  Fixing my PC hasn't been an issue recently, as the hardware usually lasts 6 to 8 years now.

You asked about my requirements.... Data security and preservation is my main concern.  I keep two network drive systems working for disk backups.

So, if I decide to remove the H310 adapter, can you direct me to the drive connectors on the T7600?

Thanks,

4 Operator

• 

1.1K Posts

June 3rd, 2022 07:00

Hello,

links to the manual and a picture of the mb with the locations is directly offered here

http://www.dv411.com/home/vendors/dell/dell-t7600

7 Posts

June 2nd, 2022 12:00

So, after looking through other sites for H310 adapter help, I finally selected "F" to import foreign configurations and continue.  I had to perform this selection 2 x times.  The first time I tried it, it just came back to the same screen info after a re-boot.

The discs came back and I was able to perform another backup.  The next morning, I had the same screen display.  I'm looking for drive replacements now, SSD possibly.  Crucial has a BX500 compatible drive.

7 Posts

June 17th, 2022 11:00

Thanks for all the assistance.  I'm ordering two SSD drives and will install in my T7600.  I updated my laptop (Inspiron 15R) with an SSD a few months ago.

7 Posts

September 12th, 2022 18:00

Just finished installing one Crucial SSD, 1TB.   I was not aware the two unused bays in my T7600 had empty drive caddies with the 2.5 inch drive face plate.  I had never opened those two bays, and I ordered the 2.5 inch support plates from someone on eBay.  Oh-well...

The cloning software from Acronis, available for download with the SSD from Crucial, worked great.

I'm going to attempt setting up a mirror drive with a second SSD.  I'll let you know how it works out.

Someone in another thread said the H310 would not accept the 1TB size SSD, but I had no problems.

Yes, one day I will upgrade to a new shiny workstation.

No Events found!