Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

March 19th, 2012 09:00

010-421:Replace Fuser Now. How do I get rid of this message? Reset maintenance counter?

One of my 2130cn printers has the error message "010-421:Replace Fuser Now." From what I can tell, the printer is fine, but the user wants the message to go away. I've swapped the fuser with other known good ones and the message persisted. Is there a way to clear the error message? I can't find a place to reset the maintenance counter as I've seen on some other printers. Would this work if it can be done?

July 29th, 2012 21:00

Your fuser should be replaced before resetting the counter.  Dell covers fusers under the hardware warranty. 

If you haven't already done so, I suggest contacting Dell Tech Support for a replacement.

July 30th, 2012 04:00

Hi uts-simon

Welcome to the Dell Community , I am Praveen from Dell Social media out reach team.

please try resetting the Fuser counter  after replacing the fuser

Reset the Fuser 2130

1)       Get into “Customer Mode” hold ("up arrow" key and"Down Arrow” while switching the machine on)

2)       Press the "Down Arrow" key several times until "Parameter" is displayed. Press the " Select " key once.

3)       Press the "Down Arrow" key several times until "Life Fuser Sheet" is displayed. Press the "Select" key once.

4)       Press the "Down Arrow" key until "Initializing" is displayed. Press the " ✔" key once.

5)      Press the " Select" key once, and Initializing the Life Counter of the Fuser is performed.

6)       Machine should display “Initialized”.

Dell_Praveen

Dell Social Media Responder

No Events found!