Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

February 8th, 2013 03:00

1160w Mono Laser Printer connection issues - The Port is not connected. Check it

Hi,

recently I have bought a Dell 1160w Mono Laser Printer. It was quite easy to install (first i have done it with cable, linked to PC), it found the wireless with no issues. After the setup I could print without issues for about a month, when out of the blue it gave an error message: The Port is not connected. Check it.

So I had to reinstall the printer, this time with the XPS button. Worked like charm, till about another month. Now I have got the same error message again...

Any ideas how to fix it permanently?

Thanks in advance!

1 Message

March 20th, 2013 20:00

Sorry to hear we are having the same issue. I have had two support calls where I have had to reinstall the printer with the same results-after a while it seems to lose the connection. This is getting really old. I hope they respond and give a permenant fix or Dell needs to be contacted on a warrantly claim.

1 Message

April 22nd, 2013 16:00

I am having the same problem with a Dell Inspiron laptop and Dell 1160W printer.   Works, doesn't work, works.  Unplug/restart everything, doesn't work anymore.  Going to reinstall the drivers again.

Not worth the hassle for wireless printer!  My wife is ready to smash this printer.  :(

1 Message

November 18th, 2013 12:00

Actually was not easy to install but after a trying few days, I got it to print wirelessly.  Worked for less that a week, lost connection. This is by far the worst wireless printer I have ever owned. I do not recommend it to anyone who wants to use it wirelessly.  It is an ok compact laser with very to no consistent wireless connectivity.

Dell online support for this product is slim to non existent.  Took forever to find solution and then it quit working. Badly needs updates to make it as easy to use as a 10 year old wireless. 

1 Message

January 19th, 2014 13:00

I have had exactly the same problem and have been fighting with it for over a year now. I reinstalled the printer about 10 times. I really don't understand that DELL has no answer to this? I will never buy a Dell printer again.

No Events found!