Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

D

May 28th, 2008 17:00

1600n Open Heat Error

Our printer recently stopped working altogether, and the error message that it gave me was 'Open Heat Error'. We just turned it off and left it alone for a while, but would like to get it going again. I went through the printer troubleshooting page and it directed me to talk to support, but the warranty for our service tag has expired, so I was unable to do so.

Has anyone gotten this error before? Does anyone know what causes it/how to fix it? I'd appreciate any input I can get. Thank you! 

104 Posts

May 29th, 2008 14:00

t's a fuser error, althoug your warranty was expired you still call support and tech will give you a budget but probably you would prefer to buy another printer, sorry...

June 21st, 2009 06:00

how do we go about sorting a "open Heat Error"  I have no idea at all

any help would be good

Julia Reade

1.7K Posts

June 22nd, 2009 06:00

This is most commonly caused by a failure of the Fuser unit.

However, in rare circumstances, this can be caused by the Fuser Control section of the SMPS, or the fuser temperature monitoring circuit on the Main Board.
There is a closed control loop:
1. AC voltage is supplied to the Heat Lamp in the Fuser from the Fuser Control section of the SMPS
2. The temperature of the fuser heat is monitored by a thermistor (mounted on the Fuser) connected to the Main Board.
3. The Main Board determines if the fuser temp is too low, correct, or too high and signals the Fuser Control to increase, maintain, or decrease the AC voltage to the Fuser

June 22nd, 2009 08:00

thanks

No Events found!