Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

February 3rd, 2012 12:00

2155cdn Printer - Legal Envelope

I am using Microsoft Word 2010 to format an address to print on a standard legal envelope. When I send it to print on the 2155cdn Dell, the text is off-center and only partially printed onto the envelope.

There are stickers with visual representations on them on the printing tray, itself. One indicates that the envelope should be in the center of the tray, the other indicates that it should be to the far right. I checked the manual for trouble-shooting and didn't find data on which is actually correct.

Has anyone else had this issue? Can you let me know how you resolved it? Thank you!

-Debugger

1 Message

December 29th, 2013 15:00

Same problem here.  Prints the bottom half of the address at the very top of the envelope.

Here's what I came up with:

Printing Regular #10 Envelopes on Dell 2155 Printer in Microsoft Word 2010:

1. In Microsoft Word 2010, select the “Mailings” tab. Then select “Envelopes”. Enter the address & return address, then select “Change Document”. You should now see your envelope at the top of the page.
  2. Now select “File” tab, then “Print”. Make sure the printer has the Dell 2155 selected, then select “Printer Properties”.
  3. Change the following:

Paper Size: Envelope #10

Paper Source: SSF

SSF Paper Type: Envelope

4. The Paper Summary should change automatically to Envelope #10. Select OK

5. You should now be back at the print screen and should see your envelope on the right. (if not, exit out to the document and click anywhere on the envelope, thereby selecting it and select “File”, “Print” again making sure the envelope appears in the Print screen.

6. Feed the printer with your envelope, face down, centered, with the glue tab on the right. Select the large “Print” Button.

7. Once printed the printer will beep complaining it does not have the correct paper size for the rest of the document (if there is any). Hit the “Cancel” button on the printer to reset it. Then change the paper type, size, source, and type back to Letter, Auto, None.

Hope this helps.  If anyone has a better method please post.

Rodney

No Events found!