Start a Conversation

Unsolved

V

2 Posts

January 24th, 2019 05:00

2155cn, how to install a duplexer

duplexer cap.JPGduplexer plug.JPG

I purchased a duplexer for my 2155cn Color Laser printer and it came with a plastic cover/cap and a attached pigtail with a plug. I discovered how to install the duplexer but don't know where this cap/cover goes nor where it plugs in. Can anyone help? I've searched U-tube and the web, but nothing even close to what mine looks like. photos attached.

Thanks in advance for any help anyone has.

2 Posts

January 24th, 2019 04:00

Can anyone tell me how to install or where to find info on installing a duplexer in my Dell 2155cn color laser printer? I don't know where the duplexer power plugs in.

2 Posts

December 5th, 2022 07:00

vxrider2,

Were you ever able to get this to work?  I am trying to install a new duplexer in my 2155cn.  I had to make a new cable to connect the duplexer to the MCU board.  There is a ground point that needs to be added underneath the duplex unit.  I have not done that yet.  Not sure it has to be done yet.  The cover you questioned about goes under the duplex unit on the left-hand side if looking at the printer from the front.  That is also where the grounding tab is located for the duplex unit.  My printer already had that part installed.

I am currently getting a 077-217 error code when I connect the duplexer.  This says the duplexer is misconfigured.  I wonder if there is a firmware update needed to get past this error.  I have not seen two part numbers for the MCU board.  I have also looked for a setting in the menu with no luck.  I also wonder if there is a way to fix this with a service mode configuration.

Any help with this would be greatly appreciated.

No Events found!