Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

S

May 7th, 2010 12:00

2230 and Excel 2010 printing problem (wants to print individual cells/page)

When i try to print an excel (excel 2010) sheet using the 2230d (through USB) my preview page shows 3 cells, and wants to print over 130 pages. if I choose any other printer the preview is correct and prints correctly.

I'm using the latest driver from dell for windows 7 64bit, i see the same issue on a 32 bit machine as well. Not just my computer but any person who has his printer, it seems limited to excel 2010.

Not sure where to start. thanks

2 Posts

June 19th, 2010 10:00

The same problem exists in Excel 2007.  Have you tried to contact Dell Tech Support?  I've tried re-installing the drivers, but to no avail.

2 Posts

July 5th, 2010 12:00

Just spoke with Tech Support.  I have Vista and I needed to manually add a printer.  When the local printer came up, make sure you are selecting USB001.  Then when you are prompted to find the location of the printer drivers, do NOT use the XPS.  You must use the XL driver.  That fixed all my problems with duplexing and Excel.  Runs like a champ now.

That help?

July 6th, 2010 09:00

This would probably work as a local printer, but i'll this printer is used as a network printer. Though I'll give it a try with the usb connection

1 Message

November 9th, 2010 15:00

I am having the same problem.  I have Windows 7 and am not prompted to find the location of the printer drivers in order to use the XL driver.  Also, I cannot find the XL driver on Dell's website - only the XPS.

I tried calling tech support and they'll only help if I buy software warranty support.

Any other recommendations?

1 Message

February 15th, 2011 19:00

I'm having the same problem with a 968, only from Excel 2010 though. Seems to be a problem with the page scaling function.

Thoughts would be appreciated.

No Events found!