Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

May 5th, 2008 19:00

3000CN problems...

Hello -

For the past few months now, our 3000cn has been tracking ink on the page. I really do not know what it is called or how to explain it but what happens is as follows: If we try to print, lets say, a paragraph... often times it will print the paragraph and towards the bottom of the paper, it will have another, lighter, paragraph that is caused by the drum (i assume) repressing the ink on the paper. We have gone through about 3 drums since the problem originated and it still occurs. We have also cleaned the ENTIRE printer with dust off, cleaned the printer heads with the side mechanism, and all that jazz. Also, sometimes the ink smears, even hours after printing and they are always smearing at the same exact spot on each paper (if that makes sense). It is as if the printer doesn't do a good job permanently printing on the paper.

Sorry if that was at all confusing but we really need help =(

Thanks,

Y2nicco

PS - if we print the same thing several times, it wont run/track so maybe it has something to do with residue? Just a thought.

May 6th, 2008 14:00

Y2Nicco,

We have a Dell 3010CN color laser Printer that appears to be doing the same thing yours is. It is smearing my text vertically leaving 2, 3, or 4 lines of light black ink. I just posted a more detailed description of what is going on when I print other colors (see post for 5/7/08). We were thinking of changing the drum as well, but after reading your post I think I will wait to see if something else is the problem. Can you please let me know how you solve your problem? If I figure it out first I will certainly contact you as well.

Thank you,

Eva at HedgeSpeed

No Events found!