Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

November 9th, 2017 04:00

3010cn on Win10/64 driver issue

I can print a windows test page on my network 3010cn printer. But no application, be it Libre Office Writer or Windows Notepad (or a simple print from any browser) can print.
When I look at a print preview in Libre Office Writer, the paper size is set to 0 (zero height and width), allthough its set to A4 in the printer settings. This seems to be the issue: Notepad simply crashes when asked to print, and other applictions just won't print. It seems that the applications do not receive the paper setting from the printer.
I've completely removed printer and drivers and reinstalled everything, using both the old driver from 2006 and the newer Vin7/64 from 2011. The issue remains. Any help appreciated.

4 Operator

• 

9.4K Posts

November 9th, 2017 07:00

Hi kimborg,

Thanks for posting.

Apologies that your printer is not working as expected.  First, which computer and operating system are you using?  This is a fairly older model so, it might not be working with Windows 10.  Was there a recent upgrade or change in your computer OS?  http://dell.to/2hfMU0z

2 Posts

November 9th, 2017 08:00

These are two windows 10 64 bit computers. Both suddenly have the same issue with the 3010cn. It migh have been caused by a win10 upgrade, as we always allow windows to install the latest version. I'm aware of the fact that theres no win10 driver, so I've tried a few others, including the win7/64 bit.

1 Message

February 13th, 2018 14:00

Apparently we need a new driver for our Dell Laser Color Printer 3010cn with a Windows 10/64 bit Dell Inspiron 3252 computer. Is it now available? If so where can/when can we get it? Is there a work around? We need to get this printer doing its job. Please help!

1 Message

January 17th, 2019 05:00

Has there been an update for the drivers for the 3010cn for Windows 10? This expensive machine stills runs like a champ and we have no funds for replacing it for our office. 

1 Message

December 13th, 2020 15:00

is there any new driver for 3010cn?

January 14th, 2022 11:00

So..  I still have this printer.  For years I was able to limp along using the Win 7 64 bit driver.  But it was quirky, and wouldn't print directly from a web browser, I often would save as PDF then print from Adobe (which did work).  BUT whatever recent Windows Update just came down completely hosed it.  Now I can't even get into the printer properties without an error.  Trying to reinstall the driver doesn't fix it   C'est La Vie..

Dell3010Error.JPG

3 Posts

November 14th, 2022 14:00

I just came across this post and I have the exact same problem and frustration as this is an expensive printer that has served me well.  Interestingly it continues to work on my old Dell Studio 15 PC running Windows 10 and I have all the updates.  Mine started to fail on my newer Dell 5502 running Windows 11.  Microsoft Word, Excell, Publisher etc. work fine but Adobe crashes.  I am still on my quest and should I find a resolution I will return to this thread and update you.

No Events found!