Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

April 2nd, 2006 18:00

3100cn good for graphics?

I do wedding invitations, minsitry brochures, announcements and other social invitations- Use alot of white glossy cardstocks, and glossy brochure papers - I've always used inkjet, but am hoping for something faster with larger cartridges!  Wondering if 3100cn users would recommend this printer for my needs?    Thanks!

April 3rd, 2006 17:00

I have purchased the 3100cn about 6 months ago...and all i do is graphics work for my company. This printer prints out really good quality for the quickness that it offers. Both are great qualities for my needs. I would recommend this printer for any graphics work. But thats just me.

John

36 Posts

April 4th, 2006 01:00

If you do a lot of work with really heavy cardstocks, I strongly suggest a color laser printer with an alternate straight-thru paper path, no laser with only a 'normal' "U" shaped paper path can handle them... and the 3000/3100 series does not have a straight-thru path option.

4 Posts

April 5th, 2006 21:00

If you peruse the boards you will find several posters who have had problems with glossy laser paper. Of course you can't use inkjet glossy at all, it will melt! Also I have yet to figure out how to set the printer for custom size papers. There are a lot of "custom" settings but they're all listed as 210x987 and I've yet to find any instructions on how to change it. That, plus the tendency to curl heavier paper...as has already been mentioned...makes it sound to me as though this is not the best printer for you.
No Events found!