Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

June 18th, 2006 12:00

3100cn printing using MPF with custom paper prints multiple copies

Help!  I am using my new 3100cn printer to print notecards from the Multipurpose Feeder (MPF).  What happens is that when I print the notecards from Word 2003, The console panel on the printer flashes for me to load the MPF with plain paper after it prints the first notecard. The settings in Word appear to be fine, I have specified printing only one copy.  I am using XP home...any suggestions, anyone? many thanks!

June 19th, 2006 10:00

I have the same problem on a 5100cn - My tatty old brother laser lets me print OK but the Dell one does the same as yours. No answer yet, but I'll keep looking

2 Posts

August 9th, 2006 23:00

will you please let me know if anyone finds a solution to this?

i'm at fhe777(at)yahoo(dot)com

Anyone at Dell there will help? Sounds like some problems with this printer, hu?

Thank you

2 Posts

August 10th, 2006 00:00

uh. thanks. i get what you're saying better now. i think my problem is actually little different. my problem is that the same print job writes twice on the same paper on the same job. one regular and another copy starting from the middle of the page.

6 Posts

August 10th, 2006 00:00

Nope, no answer yet..but I do have a 'workaround'. I found that after I send the first job to print, I have to cancel the subsequent jobs that are also sent by pressing the 'x' on the front of the printer to delete the job. It's really annoying, and I hope we get an answer soon!

6 Posts

August 10th, 2006 09:00

it might possibly be the same problem, actually. Are you using 'special' custom paper?  I am.  I bet if I used the MPF with letter sized paper, my job would print twice on a page.  Or, perhaps, it might be because I changed my paper settings to 'prompt' me for manual feed in the MPF so I have time to load my custom paper.  If yours is set to 'automatic' then that is probably why yours prints twice per page and mine flashes and waits for me to put more paper in so it can print twice. Make sense?

I hope someone from Dell monitors this topic so we can get an answer!:smileyhappy:

6 Posts

December 10th, 2006 11:00

just a little bump on this.....
anyone have a solution to this problem?
I just downloaded and installed the new firmware, but there are no release notes on the firmware so I dont know if the new F/ware will fix the problem or not.

I also see new drivers, but I dont know what those new drivers do or how to properly install them?  Anyone know?
thx
No Events found!