Highlighted
lionden
1 Copper

Re: 3110cn - missing Duplex in printing preferences for some users

I have the same problem on a 3000cn printer.  Been working fine on networked computers until now.  Now, I can use the Duplex from my original computer on the network, but it is unavailable from additional computers (but before it was available).  When I get to the "Get Information from Printer" button, it (and all other options on the Options tab) is grayed out.  So neither highlighting the Duplex option or clicking "Get Info" will work for me.  Any advice?

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
llynster
4 Beryllium

The 64k question..... what has changed?

Any network changes? Software changes? Updates?

Do you know exactly when this happened? You might be able to "roll-back" one day prior to see if the problem goes away, which might give us a better idea of the cause.

"the Llynster"

• CompTIA PDI+ Certified
  • all dell shop
  • internet connected via WildBlue satellite
0 Kudos
lionden
1 Copper

I don't know exactly when it happened,but within the last 10 days.  I don't think I've installed any new software during that time, or made any other changes to anything.

Clearly SOMETHING changed, eh? 

So what exactly should I "roll back?"  The computer where it all still works OK?  Or one (or all) of the computers where the duplex is now mysteriously unavailable?  Or what?

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
llynster
4 Beryllium

I think I'd play it conservative and only work with one of the machines having a problem

"the Llynster"

• CompTIA PDI+ Certified
  • all dell shop
0 Kudos
sgm18
1 Copper

Hi,  I'm having the same issue with my 3110cn and haven't been able to resolve.  I can print duplex from the computer hardwired to the printer, but can not access the duplexor settings from a network computer.  About a month ago, I was able to print duplex from the network computer with no issue and all of a sudden it stopped working. There were no major system/network changes during this time.  It just stopped working.  very strange!

When I access the printer options from any network computer, all text in the Options tab is grayed out.

Any help would be greatly appreciated! thanks-

0 Kudos
Arnie-aseng
1 Copper

I am having the same problem

When I access the printer options from any network computer, all text in the Options tab is grayed out. The printer is connected to a main office computer and the other computers are networked.

It used to work but now doesn't. I am runing XP SP3 on 2 computers and cannot access the duplex mode. However on my laptop running Vista. I can .

Has anyone presented this problem to Dell? They need to update this driver.

0 Kudos
llynster
4 Beryllium

This problem seems to keep re-appearing.... the common theme being "it used to work, but now it doesn't". There must be a reason, and something must have changed for that to have happened.

Can you tell me when it stopped working (date)?
Can you tell me exactly how your network is configured?
How is the printer connected to the main computer?
How many PC's are on your network, just the 3 you mention, or more?
How were the drivers installed on each PC?

Since it used to work, and now doesn't..... not to sure we can point our fingers at the driver just yet.

"the Llynster"

• CompTIA PDI+ Certified
  • all dell shop
0 Kudos
Arnie-aseng
1 Copper

Thank you for your help.

Date: I wasn't paying attention. Somewhere in the last month it changed.

The network is a Windows network. 1 main computer that has all printers attached by USB cable. The Dell printer is not directly on the network. 3 other computers that are on a small office network using a  Linksys wireless hub. When you want to add a printer to the network it loads the driver on each computer. If you go to the main server computer you can access the duplexer. You cannot from any other computer.

There are 4 computers connected if you include the laptop which is the only wireless. Because it runs Vista you can get the duplexer.

How were the drivers installed? I used a program called Netowrk Magic by Cisco. I believe it goes and gets the driver from the main computer and installs it locally. I even tried to download the driver from one of the network computers (not the main one) from Dell's website but it said the driver was the lastest version. So all computers have the lastest driver but all the duplexer is grayed out.

I could understand if the driver window allowed for a duplex feature but it didn't work. But this window is completely grayed out. I thought perhaps there was a permission that I am supposed to give it from the main driver software but I could not find any such thing in the Dell software.

0 Kudos
GGW1950
1 Copper

RE: 3110cn - missing Duplex in printing preferences for some users

I just love stupid answers.   That is answer that do not even come close to trying to answer the question!

0 Kudos