Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

October 25th, 2009 16:00

3300 Setup Wizard wont start

I have a Dimension 4600 with XP and a 2Wire wireless router from AT&T.  Two other laptopsand one Iphone in the house connect to the internet thru the router.  Trying to install the Dell 3300 Wireless Printer Adapter with a Dell 926 printer.  I cannot get to the 3300 Setup Wizard to start.  It just downloads the utility and stops. 

Have followed your instructions from other  posts with no change.  Using your recommended wireless router settings with one exception.  One of the laptops is running Vista and we can't get the WPA to work on it, so we are still using WEP for the time being.  One problem at a time.  Updated XP and other drivers.  Used the Dell Cleanup Utility to completely remove old printer software.  Downloaded the 3300 Utility and Firmware files from the Dell website instead of the setup CDs.  Attached the 3300 to the computer using the USB cord and ran the Utility file.  The Utility installs, but I have not seen the network id, type of security, or password questions once the wizard starts up.  Each time, it just stops and nothing more happens.  When the printer is connected to the computer via USB, it works like normal.  Any help would be appreciated.  Thanks.

9 Legend

• 

30.3K Posts

October 25th, 2009 16:00

edhammer1,

When you ran the 3300 Utility, it should have asked you for your network SSID, type of security and password. You need to run the utility and then wait for it to tell you to connect it. The 3300 works for no security, WEP and Wpa-psk(TKIP) Security (Personal).

Rick

2 Posts

October 28th, 2009 08:00

I ran the utility from the CD and waited 10 minutes.  No wizard, no questions.  I downloaded the utility from the Dell website and ran it from the file.  Waited 10 minutes and no wizard, no instructions.  When you say "then wait for it to tell you to connect it", are you saying I should hookup the 3300 to the computer after the wizard starts?  Per the 3300 setup documentation, I have been attaching the USB from the computer to the 3300, then running the utility.  As recommended, the router has been reset to WPA-PSK with no problems. 

9 Legend

• 

30.3K Posts

October 28th, 2009 10:00

edhammer1,

First, let's make sure your computer has the latest Windows Updates, especially .net framework, needed to run many applications and the latest Java.

The setup utility, when you click on it, I'm just wondering if it is just unzipping. Look for the setup.exe file and right click on it, left click run as administrator. If thatis doesn't work, I'll get my 3300 disk out of the closet and see what I can find. Haven't setup the 3300 for a few years and didn't need to re-install the program.

Did you try using a different USB Port?

Rick

No Events found!