Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

May 9th, 2006 17:00

5100CN MPF tray prompts for everything. MAKE IT STOP PLEASE

We have a networked 5100CN.  We do alot of letterhead/envelopes/labels and we need to use the MPF tray.  Everytime we print something it asks for paper size and type.  Doesnt matter if we stick the media in first before queuing the print job or after.  Can someone tell me how to configure this printer properly before i toss it out the window? 

4 Posts

May 25th, 2006 14:00

@dano6673 wrote:
We have a networked 5100CN.  We do alot of letterhead/envelopes/labels and we need to use the MPF tray.  Everytime we print something it asks for paper size and type.  Doesnt matter if we stick the media in first before queuing the print job or after.  Can someone tell me how to configure this printer properly before i toss it out the window? 

We had the same problem with the 5100. We did find that Dell is at least aware of the issue: they've prepared a 3-page memo on printing envelopes from the 5100.
But despite following all the guidelines to the letter, still got the prompt to load media--and no way to avoid that.
Most laser printers check the MPF tray, and if there's nothing in it, print from the main tray. But not the 5100. After spending a day spent trying to get this printer to behave normally, gave up and sent it back.
We do enough printing of envelopes and cards and other media in this shop so that behavior is just not acceptable.
No Events found!