Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

K

July 27th, 2010 14:00

5100cn Possible Roller Problem

I have a 5100cn printer and have recently had problems.  The page will start to print ok and come out at the top of the printer 3/4 of the way and then jam.  Instantly giving me a paper jam error.  When I pull the paper out, the page looks to like it has printed everything, however there is a "streak" across the page (side to side) about 3/4 of the way down on the paper.  It appears to be smudged b/c there isn't or hardly isn't any color there.  It looks like a roller has kept the toner from putting the color on or something to that effect.  If I print it in black and white, I have no problems.  The page is 75% solid red, which it is suppose to be b/c that is what I am printing (AutoCad file).  It prints below that smudge area too.

I have checked the image drum, fuser, and roller, but nothing looks to be out of place or off.  Does this sound like one of these problems to you all?

Really need some help here, thanks.

9 Legend

• 

30.3K Posts

July 28th, 2010 02:00

Kplanner,

llynster has retired from the Dell Printers Forums. I managed to locate a SEARCH, thet may help you with your problem.  There were only a few threads, so you may want to try one or two of them.

Rick

No Events found!