Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

September 2nd, 2007 14:00

720 printer is printing blank pages

Hello,

I have a Dell 720 Photo Printer. When I try to print , it seems as if it is printing correctly (the ink cartridges move back and forth, the paper goes through, it sounds normal) but only blank pages emerge. I went through every option the troubleshooter suggested from checking connections and printer settings to running maintenence and nothing worked. I supposedly have a full color ink cartridge and half of my black cartridge. Does anyone have any suggestions? Could I possible have a defective ink cartridge? The black one does feel very light although it is reading half full. I am reluctant to order a new one if it really is something wrong with the printer instead.

Thank you for your help.

9 Legend

• 

33.3K Posts

September 2nd, 2007 14:00

Ink cartridge nozzles can become clogged if not used for a while and if they are clogged it can show up as printing blank pages.  One possible solution is to soak the nozzle end of the cartridge(s) in a shallow pan of warm (not hot) water for about 10 or 15 minutes then blot the nozzle end dry (you should see some ink on whatever you use to blot the nozzles), reinstall and try printing. 

September 3rd, 2007 14:00

Thanks, I'll give that a try.

1 Message

September 6th, 2007 01:00

I have the same problem with my printer. I was told that ink cartridge trick before and I've tried it but it hasn't helped. Any other ideas?
No Events found!