Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

March 15th, 2009 20:00

924 Need 64 bit (Vista) All-In-One software

My printer in working well with an udated driver.  However, my software (All-In-One Center) is too old and I can't find a 64 bit version on the Dell site.  Any ideas?

9 Legend

• 

30.3K Posts

March 15th, 2009 20:00

backspaceron,

Please follow the instructions I have posted and it will give you the DellAll-In-One Center back.

First make sure your computer has all the Windows updates. I have the custom ones too, especially the .net framework(Needed to run many applications). Also make sure to have the latest Java. Since you didn't mention how the printer's connected, here the basic instructions for this printer.

Disconnect your printer. Download and run this patch to completely remove the printer from your computer. When the patch is finished, it will prompt you to restart your computer. It seems to be a lenghty process so please be patient. The patch MUST be run on Vista machines.

Restart your computer.

Download the proper drivers.

XP Drivers

Vista 32-bit Drivers

Vista 64-bit Drivers.

All other drivers

Install the proper drivers.(ONLY install the drivers you need) You'll be prompted when to connect your printer(powered on)

Scanning

Scanning using USB connection, open the Dell All-In-One Center, click on scanning and copying and scan from there.

Scanning wirelessly, use the scan buttons on the printer.

Rick

9 Legend

• 

30.3K Posts

March 17th, 2009 17:00

Ron,

Julie just told me the same thing. I have located English drivers and the Vista 64-bit drivers were updated. Try these drivers.

Rick

9 Legend

• 

30.3K Posts

March 17th, 2009 20:00

Ron,

Thanks for posting back. Could you mark the verify answer(s) that helped you solve your problem, so if someone else searches the forums, they can see what you did to fix your problem(s).

Thanks,

Rick

March 17th, 2009 17:00

Rick-
Thanks for the information.  When I open up the Vista 64-bit Drivers, it displays in Japanese.  Do you know how I can secure the English version?  Thanks.
Ron

March 17th, 2009 18:00

Rick-

It works fine now.  Thank you for your help!

Ron

1 Message

February 24th, 2010 09:00

I diid all you said and still no Dell All In one Center

Thanks.  Any suggestions.

9 Legend

• 

30.3K Posts

February 24th, 2010 10:00

johnat,

The Dell All-In-One Center is in the drivers package. Try disconnecting the printer. Download and run the patch until you're prompter to restart your computer. Restart your computer. Then install the printer drivers. You'll get a message, the printer is not connected. connect the printer at this time(powered on) More instructions and the download for the patch(printer cleanup utility) can be found at...

924 Photo All-In-One Printer owners thread (W7)

Rick

1 Message

February 24th, 2010 18:00

How are you sir?? I had a similar question (if that is ok) I just got my printer working wirlessly with my new laptop (after two days of trying) So i am inclined not to mess with anything in terms of the drivers, settings, etc.  I guess my question (is similar to one for you lately but for Vista), can I install the All-in-One software (that currently I did not get when going to Dell.com and using the Windows 7 driver). When I say the All-in -One center, I mean where you can scan, copy all that jazz (that you open up on the computer).  Again, I am hesitant to mess with drivers (because I am currently medium happy). I almost forgot, I have 64-bit version of Windows 7

Thanks, Ryan

9 Legend

• 

30.3K Posts

February 25th, 2010 01:00

Ryan,

A couple of things. Do you have a 924 printer? If no, then I suggest you make a new thread. Dell Printers Forum

Windows 7 make a new system restore point, every time you shut down the computer. Then when you start it up, you have the last restore point. So anything you try, if it gets messed up, you can use system restore to get the computer back to the was it was.

I saw the tags state a different model printer, so I'm going to stop here. I can tell you the Dell All-In-One Center is in the drivers package. If the drivers are installed correctly, you should also have the Dell All-In-One Center. If you do not have it, then Windows installed some generic drivers. With Windows 7, for most printers, you need to install the Vista drivers in the compatibility mode.

Valuable information can be found at...

Welcome! Information about Dells Inkjet, All-In-One Printers as well as there are owners threads for each Dell Inkjet Printer with links to install the drivers and how to install in the compatibility mode.

Rick

No Events found!