Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

Closed

January 28th, 2009 20:00

926 AIO...Prints Pictures But Not Words

I've ran the patch to remove drivers and reinstall the drivers multiple times without any luck from this link:

http://en.community.dell.com/forums/t/19246110.aspx?c=us&l=en&cs=&s=gen

Problem is the printer installs like everything is fine, the test page comes out fine but it will print nothing when it comes to words from a Word doc, Excel.  If you print a web page it will print the pictures on the page but none of the writing.

I thought it could be a computer config problem however I just bought a new computer(not for this reason) and it does the exact same thing on this computer as well.

Other background info:  It came with a laptop purchase from a little over a year ago but only tried to hook it up a few months ago and it has never worked from the begining with the old computer or this newer one.  It will scan docs.  Just won't print words.

Thanks

January 31st, 2009 06:00

I'm guessing nobody has ever run into this issue? 

5 Posts

February 6th, 2009 18:00

I have the same issue with an Inspirion E1705 and AIO 926. It did initially work, then this issue started I'm guessing around Sept or Oct 2008. I called Dell Tech Support on 01/03/2009, and after 3 hours he told me to call Microsoft! I just posted this issue separately, so hopefully someone will have an answer.

9 Legend

• 

30.3K Posts

February 6th, 2009 20:00

Naptown Cheif,

Most of the time when I see this happen, it's because the person had Microsoft update their drivers. Getting Windows Updates for Windows is GREAT, but having Microsoft update your drivers is bad. Microsoft usually installs the wrong drivers and/or install the drivers incorrectly, causing devices to malfunction, like in your case. Try re-installing your drivers following the instructions below and tell me what happens. Also have your settings changed so Microsoft doesn't install the wrong drivers again.

Disconnect your printer. Download and run this patch to completely remove the printer from your computer.

Restart your computer.

Download the proper drivers.

XP Drivers

Vista 32-bit Drivers

64-bit drivers

All other drivers

Install the proper drivers. You'll be prompted when to connect your printer(powered on). Please use a 4ft or smaller USB Cable.

Scanning

Scanning using USB connection, open the Dell All-In-One Center, click on scanning and copying and scan from there.

Scanning wirelessly, use the scan buttons on the printer.

Rick

February 8th, 2009 19:00

Rick,

I just followed those steps again and still the same thing.  Test page comes out fine...Prints pictures from pages but won't print any words.  If I try and print a word doc or the such it will just shoot a blank sheet through.

Thanks

9 Legend

• 

30.3K Posts

February 9th, 2009 00:00

NaptownCheif,

What happens when you scan a Black & White Document on the glass? Does it print?

Also try...

If the printer does copy black, using the black cartridge, the try control panel, printers and faxes, preferences, advanced, more options and make sure the complete a print boxes are unchecked.

Rick

February 16th, 2009 13:00

Rick,

It will print both black and white as well as color on items that are scaned in.  Also made sure the complete a  print boxes were unchecked as well. 

9 Legend

• 

30.3K Posts

February 16th, 2009 15:00

Chief,

I tried to find an answer for you. Most people have the issue of printing words and no picutres but it seems that your issue is the opposite. I was hoping that re-installing the drivers would have corrected the problem. I don't have Word, I use Open Office, so I can't check out the issue. It seems that both of your ink cartridges are working, unless it's printing from the color cartridge. Did you try printing a black & White document that you scanned. Diane, had an issue and she got a new ink cartridge anbd it corrected the problem.

Websites, printing with Internet Explorer? Did you try Mozilla Firefox?

My suspicions are the words are in black and black might be the issue.

Sorry for the rambling but sometimes it helps. Try this.

Start, control panen, printers. Clcik on your printer, then click preferences, matainence and then click align ink cartridges. Does Balck print on the document?

Rick

February 17th, 2009 04:00

Rick, Thanks for your help. It appears to be a faulty black cartridge.  It won't align, says to take the tape off even though it is off.  And when I clicked in preferences to print in black and white only it shoots even scanned docs through without anything.

Thanks for the help.

9 Legend

• 

30.3K Posts

February 17th, 2009 08:00

Chief,

That's what happened to Diana. She also had a bad Dell Series 9 ink cartridge.

Dell Series 9 ink cartridges have a sensor in them that cannot be reset. Article on refilling Dell ink cartridges.

Dell Series 9 ink cartridges can be purchased at Staples, Walmart or Dell's Website.

Rick

1 Message

April 16th, 2019 15:00

I have the same problem, installed a new black ink cartilage and it will not print a word document. Is the cartilage faulty? The colour graphics on the test page are perfect. I cannot print a black and white document from Word (Office 365). I have uninstalled the printer about four times and reinstalled and tried so many fixes without success. I even installed a new driver R146951 which in not compatible, so uninstalled again and fresh install. Frustrated with Dell 926 aio Printer, no help from Dell.

4 Operator

• 

9.4K Posts

April 17th, 2019 06:00

Hi Murphy6,

Thanks for posting to this 10 year old post.  It's been locked, and it would be best to start a new post.  This printer has long gone end of life and support, if available would be very limited.  It was not designed to work with Windows 10 or Office 365. 

No Events found!