Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

June 2nd, 2011 19:00

926 photo printer will not print in color

I installed a new color Ink cartridge but the printer will not print in color, prints in black only. In the print set up window / maintenance window (bottom right) shows a full ink cartridge and i can click on the clean ink cartridge tab and it prints a color sheet, but when i choose a print test it only prints black and the ink level showing in the small print window that on screen when printing is showing empty.

June 3rd, 2011 11:00

I just now uninstalled and reinstalled the 926 printer and presto, its working again. Thanks for your help.

9 Legend

• 

30.3K Posts

June 3rd, 2011 02:00

Larry C. Pennington,

Are you using Dell Series 9 ink cartridges?

Unplug the printer from the wall. Now remove the power brick from the back of the printer for 60 seconds. Plug everything back in. This will reset any error messages the printer has.

Power on the printer. Open the printer and take out the Dell Series 9 Black cartridge. make sure all the tape is off the cartridge and put the cartridge back in. Now do the same for the Dell Series 9 color cartridge.

You are using Dell Series 9 ink cartridges, correct?

Dell Series 9 ink cartridges have a sensor in them that cannot be reset. Article on refilling Dell ink cartridges.

Dell Series 9 ink cartridges can be purchased at Staples, Walmart or Dell's Website.

Black cartridge = black side(left side)          Color cartridge = color side(right side)

Photo cartridge = black side(left side)          Color cartridge = color side(right side) 

It is possible to get a Dell Series 9 cartridge with a bad sensor. Contact the place of purchase for a replacement.

Rick

June 3rd, 2011 10:00

Rick, I just completed your suggestions and I am still having the same problem. The more I think about the ink problem I’m sure it started with the previous Ink cartridge that was very low on ink and I just assumed I was getting a false reading and thought a new Dell Color Series 9 cartridge would solve the problem. Now I thinking about uninstalling the printer and reinstalling hoping this will fix the problem. Let me know what you think?

June 3rd, 2011 10:00

Rick thanks for your suggestions, and YES I am using Dell Series 9 ink cartridges. I will give it a try and let you know if it works.

9 Legend

• 

30.3K Posts

June 4th, 2011 16:00

Larry C. Pennington,

Sorry for the delay, my weekend to work.

Glad you got it working! :emotion-21: Thanks for posting back.

Take care,

Rick

No Events found!