Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

M

February 5th, 2009 12:00

946 All in One printer won't reset with new black ink cartridge or print

I replaced black ink cartridge twice and the display still says no black in and wont print. Any ideas?

9 Legend

• 

30.3K Posts

February 6th, 2009 12:00

misstaipie,

What happens when you scan a black & white document on the printers glass? If you get a blank page, then try control panel, printers and faxes, preferences, advanced, more options and make sure the complete a print boxes are unchecked.

If still blank, then it sounds like you have a bad Dell Series 5 ink cartridge.

Dell Series 5 ink cartridges have a sensor in them that cannot be reset. Article on refilling Dell ink cartridges .

Dell Series 5 ink cartridges can be purchased at Staples, Walmart or Dell's Website.

Rick

11 Posts

April 28th, 2009 12:00

She said that she replace the black ink cartridge twice.  Are you saying that each of them is bad?  I actually posted a few months ago and you stopped responding when I told you that I had replaced the ink cartridge.  My print will scan/copy  any image on a page in what ever color is on the page, it looks just like what is on the page but is apparently printing form the color cartridge.  I am looking for the solution beyond those that you have given in the past, that seem to end with the cartridge being bad. 

Thanks

No Events found!