Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

March 28th, 2009 12:00

948 Paper Jam Cleared, Message Still There

I've done everything but throw it on the floor (shaking, canned air, etc) and there is nothing jammed.  I cleared the initial jam, but now I can't get the message to go away.

HELP!

Thanks

2 Posts

March 28th, 2009 17:00

Rick,

I opened the front of the printer like I was going to replace a cartridge and was looking at how paper goes through.  There are four sections with rollers on them.  (Blue in color, then two black, then another blue set) Right in the middle of the two center ones is a little black thing (stick? switch?).  I pressed it with the point of a pen (its that small) and it snapped down and the red light went out.  I'm printing again.

I had tried your suggestion (shacking, vaccum) to no avail.  I had also tried card stock. Nothing.  Why I pressed the little black stick thing, at this point what other choice did I have?

Thank You.  You are all over these boards helping folks.  What a blessing you are!

9 Legend

• 

30.3K Posts

March 28th, 2009 12:00

Jo5329,

I usually recommend this. Print roller and Jam problems It sounds kinda funny but people have actually had something come out of their printers this way.

Let me know what error message you get after you unplug the power cord and remove the power brick for 60 seconds.

Rick

9 Legend

• 

30.3K Posts

March 28th, 2009 18:00

Jo5328.

Thanks for posting back. I'm glad you found the stuck switch. I get a great feeling from helping others, when I can. I have used forums for help, myself, so I know what it's like.

Take care,

Rick

111 Posts

March 30th, 2009 09:00

That's the exit paper sensor..they sometimes get stuck when a paper jam occurs. Especially when the paper is pulled thru the top backwards from the way the paper would normally travel.. Glad you're up and going again.

:emotion-2:

Shogun33

2 Posts

May 4th, 2009 18:00

Rick,

I opened the front of the printer like I was going to replace a cartridge and was looking at how paper goes through.  There are four sections with rollers on them.  (Blue in color, then two black, then another blue set) Right in the middle of the two center ones is a little black thing (stick? switch?).  I pressed it with the point of a pen (its that small) and it snapped down and the red light went out.  I'm printing again.

I had tried your suggestion (shacking, vaccum) to no avail.  I had also tried card stock. Nothing.  Why I pressed the little black stick thing, at this point what other choice did I have?

Thank You.  You are all over these boards helping folks.  What a blessing you are!

Ditto here.  I did the same thing!!  pushed the black plastic tab between tiny rollers #4 and #5 and it was fixed!!!  Thank you so much.

9 Legend

• 

30.3K Posts

May 4th, 2009 20:00

dryden2,

GREAT JOB! :emotion-21: Thanks for posting back. Glad you got it working.

Rick

2 Posts

May 4th, 2009 20:00

Rick,

If not for you and the other guy who gave his feedback, then I couldn't have figured it out.  I'm glad I came across this site.  Thank YOU!!!

2 Posts

December 31st, 2009 16:00

Man this was awesome!!!!!!!!!! You just saved me from paying 30 bucks to get tech support because my warranty was expired. As soon as i pushed that little sensor back down it started working!

Thanks!!!!!!!

1 Message

September 1st, 2010 12:00

Look at this.  Over a year later and this resoved my printer issue as well.  Many Thanks

1 Message

August 12th, 2011 17:00

Hi There, just had the same problem on my mom's printer!  Guess what, almost 2 years later and it has just resolved her printer issue.  Thanks, thanks, thanks!  So glad we didn't have to pay technical support!

February 21st, 2014 03:00

Hi i have the same problem with my printer but I can not locate the rollers 4 # and 5 # .

March 17th, 2018 13:00

Hi,

I have same problem but I couldn't locate the stuck switch do you have any picture helps to locate that switch please.

Thank you.

March 17th, 2018 13:00

Hi,

I have same problem but I couldn't locate the stuck switch do you have any picture helps to locate that switch please.

Thank you.

2 Posts

March 12th, 2022 06:00

Where is the sensor switch on the e525w?

TX

2 Posts

March 12th, 2022 06:00

Where is this exit paper sensor on the e525w printer?

No Events found!