Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

January 13th, 2009 09:00

948 Printer

Who was the bright programmer that decided that when the color cartridge is empty the printer wouldn't print even if you had forced it to black & white only?  Was this a means to sell more color cartridge? It just means I won't buy anymore DELL products. Dell if this is the way they are going to do business.  Any other brand printer I have had would print if one of the cartridges was empty you just forced it to black & white or changed the type color to red if the black cartridge was empty. 

THANKS DELL for a real quality product!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

21 Posts

January 17th, 2009 09:00

I'm not surprised to hear of this condition but happy to know what to expect from my new 948.  The ink conspiracy continues with every manufacturer.  From proprietary products to non standardized cartridges. What a wasteland of plastic we are creating.  I had no choice in the matter since Dell substituted a 948 for my failed 944. 

Osborner

25 Posts

January 20th, 2009 17:00

My teacher just purchase a Dell V105 inkjet printer and it came with a single color ink cartridge and the black cartridge is otional.  The Dell V105 printer woks with a single black,color, or black and color ink cartridges and have puty good photo printing quality for a low end printer.

No Events found!