Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

December 29th, 2008 16:00

962 AIO Not Scanning

I have read the other threads on this topi and followed all instruction from Pudgyone.  However, the scan function still does not work.  Printing works finefrom pc.  But scan, copy or fax gives an error message stating that the scan was not sucessful and liste some troubleshooting tasks. The copyu and fax work fine from the AIO but scan does not do anything.  I have removed all usb devices, installed drivers and updated the AIO firmware on a pc and laptop.  I get the same results on both pc and laptop.  Running XP.  What have I missed?  What else can I try.  USB cable is 3 ft.

Thanks

9 Legend

• 

30.3K Posts

December 29th, 2008 16:00

radarman,

You disconnected the printer, ran the patch(it's like a cleaner and removes the printer from the computer), restarted the computer. Installed the proper drivers and connected the printer(powered on)(with 4ft USB Cable or less) when prompted.

Did you also try this?  Update list of applications to send scans to

Disconnect your printer. Download and run this patch to completely remove the printer from your computer. Restart your computer.

Download the proper drivers.

XP Drivers

Vista 32-bit Drivers

All other drivers

Install the proper drivers. You'll be prompted when to connect your printer.

Install the latest firmware for the 962 printer

Scanning

Scanning using USB connection, open the Dell All-In-One Center, click on scanning and copying and scan from there.

Scanning wirelessly, use the scan buttons on the printer.

Rick

5 Posts

December 29th, 2008 21:00

Thank Rick. I added the ACrd32 app to the list (and .pdf) tehn removed the existing Acrobat in the list ton make sure there would be no conflict.  Still got same results.  So I decided to completely remove (using the cleaner application), restart pc, re-install the driver. Still get same results....can print fine, but no copy/fax/scan from pc using the Dell interface (get scan unsucessful).  Can fax and copy from AIO but not scan.  It seems like there is no communication between the Dell program and the AIO.

I would like to confirm the correct driver.  The file I downloaded is R92834 and it unzipped a 962ENA01.

Any other things to try?  Is there a way to check communications to teh AIO?

Mike

9 Legend

• 

30.3K Posts

December 29th, 2008 22:00

radarman,

If you have all the Windows Updates, especially net framework and the latest Java, then there could be something wrong with Windows and it can be repaired by doing it this way. First make copies of files and folders that you cannot afford to lose.

Insert the operating system disk and restart the computer. If this is a Dell Computer and you need the disks, click below this post for a backup set of disks..

Press any key to boot from cd

Choose install

Do the agreement.

Now choose repair.

Since the operating system was re-installed did you remember to go to drivers and downloads, enter your service tag(DO NOT POST SERVICE TAG here or your post will get deleted, since it contains your personal information), and install these drivers in this order.

Desktop System Software or Notebook System Software
Chipset or SMBus driver
Processor Driver (if applicable)
Video
Audio (sound)
Input Drivers (keyboard/mouse)
Modem
Network Card

Get all the Windows Updates again. After installing everything, then try installing the printer. You'll be prompted when to connect the printer(powered on).

Rick

5 Posts

December 30th, 2008 13:00

OK. Thanks again.

I updated xp to SP3 and udated Java.  Re-installed as before and still got same result.  However, I did notice something in Device Manager.  In the usb section, there are 4 instancs of usb host controller for PCI, four instances of root hub, a Composite Device and a Printing Support entry.  I looked at the driver details for the latter two.  The Composite Device lists a driver usbccgp.sys and the Printing Support entry list a driver called usbprint.sys.  Both have dates of 7/1/2001.  Are these the correct drivers?

9 Legend

• 

30.3K Posts

December 30th, 2008 15:00

radarman,

I am sorry, I don't know how I missed this. May have been the way you asked the question. One of you USB Ports has a problem and Microsoft doesn't show it. My drivers have the same date but a different name. Try re-installing the drivers this way.

Disconnect your printer. Download and run this patch to completely remove the printer from your computer. Restart your computer.

Download the proper drivers.

XP Drivers

Vista 32-bit Drivers

All other drivers

Go to device manager(right click my computer, left click properties, left click hardware, left click device manager)

Go to the USB Controller section and click the + sign.

Starting at the bottom, USB Root Hubs, and working your way to the top, USB Universal Controllers, un-install everything in that section.

Restart your computer. Windows will find everything again and correct the problem one. Please be patient. The new hardware wizard may work 3-5 minutes before it's done.

Install the proper drivers. You'll be prompted when to connect your printer.

Install the latest firmware for the 962 printer

Scanning

Scanning using USB connection, open the Dell All-In-One Center, click on scanning and copying and scan from there.

Scanning wirelessly, use the scan buttons on the printer.

Rick

No Events found!