Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

March 18th, 2013 13:00

968w AIO Duplexer Jam

I have a 968w AIO connected via USB to a Dell Vostro 1720 running Windows 7.  I have updated the drivers so that the printer will print however the printer is INCREDIBLY finicky and the source of much frustration.

The current frustration is the printer will NOT print a 4x6 photo, or any size photo or label etc. - any photo paper jams in the duplexer.  I even use the Dell photo paper, but that does not matter.  The printer will print fine on typical copy paper.  I have checked all the settings to ensure that the printer is set for the correct size, but for some reason the photo paper jams despite being set for that type paper.

Any suggestions?? 

4 Operator

• 

2.6K Posts

March 18th, 2013 19:00

Hi emozley,

Unless you turn off the automatic paper type sensor, it always remains on. This will leads to paper jam problem.

To turn off the automatic paper type sensor for a specific print job, follow the steps listed.

1) With your document open on the computer screen, click File>Print. The Print dialog box opens.

2) Click Preferences, Properties, Options, or Setup. The Printing Preferences dialog box opens.

3) On the Print Setup tab, select the paper type.

4) Click OK.

5) Try to print the document and check.

Please post the results.

3 Posts

March 23rd, 2013 06:00

Thank you so much for the response, unfortunately I still cannot get the photo paper to print.  It continues to jam in the duplexer.  In checking the settings, I can set the paper under Media Type to photo/glossy paper.  I cannot however change the setting for Paper Source, which is set to automatic.  This option is "grayed" out and I cannot change it from automatic.....do you think this is the problem?  If so, where can you change this option?

Thanks!

4 Operator

• 

2.6K Posts

March 26th, 2013 13:00

Hi emozley,

I suggest you to try making a copy of a Photo using the printers control panel and check if the paper jams, please follow the below mentioned steps:

1. Turn on the printer.
  2. Load photo/glossy paper with the print side facing down.
  3. Load your original photo on the scanner glass.
  4. Press the up Arrow button to scroll to Copy, and then press the Select button.
  5. From the Copy Mode menu, press the up or down Arrow button to scroll to Content Type.
  6. Press the left or right Arrow button to scroll to Photo.
  7. Press the Start button.

Check if the paper gets jammed and reply.

3 Posts

March 26th, 2013 13:00

Thanks again for the reply.  I tried as you suggested with copying a photo, but the photo paper continues to jam in the duplexer. 

4 Operator

• 

2.6K Posts

March 26th, 2013 16:00

Hi emozley,

As per the description, the problem could be with the duplexing unit of the printer which is jamming the papers.

I suggest you to update the firmware for the printer, to update the Firmware software for the printer follow the below steps.

Note: Firmware can be updated by connecting the printer and computer with a USB cable.

I suggest you update the firmware for the Pinter from this link: http://dell.to/11IJiZr

Click the above link, click Download file and follow the onscreen instructions to complete the installation.

Try to print the Photo document and check. If the problem persists, the duplexer unit needs to be replaced. If the duplexer unit was already been replaced for this issue the printer needs to be replaced.

Please post the results.

No Events found!