Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

September 19th, 2009 16:00

A920 Printer with Vista 64

I have a machine running Vista 64.  I have a Dell A920 printer hooked up to this computer.  I have a laptop running Vista 32 that I cannot get it to print through my Vista 64 machine.  I have enables printer sharing, loaded the x86 drivers on the Advanced Drivers box.  When I am adding a printer on the laptop I recieve an error 0x0000000d.  I have gone to Microsofts web site and followed their instructions on correcting the problem.  It still doesn't work.  Any suggestions on what next to try?  Thanks

9 Legend

• 

30.3K Posts

September 19th, 2009 18:00

dandgn77,

You need this information.

Sharing a printer through a wireless network

Basic instructions to install the printer. When it comes time to install the drivers, right click on setup, left click run as administrator, then choose network and follow the instructions. Firewalls and security suites will need to allow access.

Follow the instructions as I have them below and then tell me what happens.

First, let's make sure your computer has the latest Windows Updates, especially .net framework, needed to run many applications and the latest Java.

Disconnect your printer.

Download and run this patch to completely remove the printer from your computer. Run the patch, a MUST on Vista machines, until it prompts you to restart your computer. 

Restart your computer.

Download the proper drivers.

XP Drivers

Vista 32-bit Drivers

Vista 64-bit drivers

All other drivers

Install the proper drivers. You'll be prompted when to connect your printer(powered on)

As for scanning, if you have the disk that came with the printer, then insert the Printer disk and stop it from running. Go to My Computer and double click on it. Look for the drive with the Dell disk in it. Right click on it, left click explore. Look for the OCR Folder. In the OCR Folder, there is an Abbyy Folder. right click on setup.exe, that's in the Abbyy Folder and left click run as administrator. This will install the OCR program.

Scanning

Scanning using USB connection, open the Dell All-In-One Center, click on scanning and copying and scan from there.

Scanning wirelessly, use the scan buttons on the printer.

Rick

No Events found!