Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

April 5th, 2009 13:00

A920 scanner/all-in-one - HELP!!

I am having big problem with Dell A920 all-in-one printer/scanner/copier. Before I installed it, I had Adobe Pro 6.0 installed (which turns docs into PDFs) and an HP Deskjet

Now, after installing the A920, my Adobe print/make PDF function has disappeared and my HP Deskjet (both say "no printers installed" when try to use them)

Seems the A920 has taken over/conflict??

Then when I try to uninstall and reinstall Adobe Pro it says "Error 1920 Service Print Spooler (Spooler) failed to start. Verify that you have sufficient privileges to start system services". Which is ridiculous - I am the administrator of the computer/only account.

I have never in twenty years had one device wreak such havoc on my system! Can anyone help? Can;'t find anything in the Dell knowledge base!

Thanks

PS Running Windows XP SP2

PSS - now in MS Office apps (Word, Excel etc) when try to open docs I get error "Compile Error in didden module: AutoExec" !!! This A920 has created a nightmare!!!

3 Posts

Rick:

Thanks for the reply. Tried all you suggested and nothing has been fixed.

Any other suggestions or anyone else have any ideas?

Thanks!

9 Legend

• 

30.3K Posts

jimryo,

Let's try re-installing the printer using the instructions below and then see what issues there are after it's installed.

Go to Windows Updates and get all the latest Updates, especially net framework(custom update). Net framework is needed for most applications to run. Also make sure to have the latest Java.

Restart your computer. Now follow the instructions below.

Disconnect your printer.

Download and run this patch to completely remove the printer from your computer. Run the patch(a MUST on Vista machines) until it prompts you to restart your computer.

Restart your computer.

Download the proper drivers.

XP Drivers

Vista 32-bit Drivers

Vista 64-bit drivers

All other drivers

Install the proper drivers. You'll be prompted when to connect your printer(powered on)

As for scanning, if you have the disk that came with the printer, then insert the Printer disk and stop it from running. Go to My Computer and double click on it. Look for the drive with the Dell disk in it. Right click on it, left click explore. Look for the OCR Folder. In the OCR Folder, there is an Abbyy Folder. right click on setup.exe, that's in the Abbyy Folder and left click run as administrator. This will install the OCR program.

Scanning

Scanning using USB connection, open the Dell All-In-One Center, click on scanning and copying and scan from there.

Scanning wirelessly, use the scan buttons on the printer.

Also try reading...

Update list of applications to send scans to

Rick

9 Legend

• 

30.3K Posts

April 5th, 2009 17:00

jimryo,

Dells printers are made by Lexmark. I found this article for you.

Error "1920 Service 'Spooler' failed to start..." when you install Acrobat 7 or Acrobat 3D on Windows

Rick

No Events found!