Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

March 30th, 2010 11:00

A940 drivers for Windows 7 64-bit

Has there been an official release from Dell for A940 drivers for Windows 7?

Thank You.

9 Legend

• 

30.3K Posts

March 30th, 2010 12:00

Catfish55,

Other forum members have found sucess with installing the Vista drivers in the compatibility mode.

Disconnect the printer, Download and run the patch(printer cleanup Utility) until it prompts you to restart your computer.

Restart your computer. Make sure the printer is removed. Manual Printer Driver Removal

Then install the Vista drivers in the compatibility mode. When you install the drivers you'll get a message, the printer is not connected. Connect the printer at this time. More instructions and how to install the drivers in the compatibility mode can be found at...

A940 All-In-One Printer owners thread (W7)

Let me know what happens.

Rick

9 Legend

• 

30.3K Posts

March 31st, 2010 12:00

Shari,

Dell has a list of printers that they say are not compatible, even my Dell 964 Printer and I got it working.

Glad you got it working! :emotion-21: Thanks for posting back. You can send me a check, as long as it isn't rubber! :emotion-5:

Take care,

Rick

1 Message

March 31st, 2010 12:00

Thank you so very much. My A940 is now working.

I spent 2 hours on line with Dell Tech. No help whatsoever. Was given number to call printer dept. They told me I could either downgrade to windows vista or buy a new printer

I had mentioned your suggestion of using vista drivers and was told it wouldn't work. I think they should send you a check.

Thanks again..

Shari

No Events found!