Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

November 2nd, 2010 08:00

AIO 926 print problems

This morning I wanted to print something out but the black was fuzzy, color was okay. I went into the maintenance menu. I cleaned and aliened the printer. Now that’s all it wants to do. Each time I turn it on it will repeatability run the print alignment so after about 8 pages I just shut the printer off before it uses up the rest of my ink. When I first started it said I had 104 pages left now I have 47.  Any suggestions as to what I should try? By the way the black isn’t fuzzy anymore but its pretty light more of a light gray instead of black. And both color and black cartridges are new well until today I had printed maybe 4 or 5 pages and they were okay..

thanks..

9 Legend

• 

30.3K Posts

November 2nd, 2010 09:00

Blair1955,

First try running Delete Print Jobs on your computer to remove any stuck print jobs in the queue.

Unplug the printer from the wall. Now remove the power brick for 60 seconds. this will reset any error messages the printer is getting.

You are using Dell Series 9 ink cartridges, correct?

Rick

36 Posts

November 2nd, 2010 17:00

Hi Rick and thanks for the information. I did as you suggested and I still get the same message and I also disconnected the printer from my computer (Inspiron 1501) since early this morning. Every time it still wants to align the printer also afterwards it tells me to remove the tape but there isn’t any.

Now I’m really confused

Blair

9 Legend

• 

30.3K Posts

November 2nd, 2010 21:00

Blair,

It sound like one of the sensors in the ink cartridge has failed. Time to go out and purchase a Dell Series 9 ink cartridge(s) to replace the one with the bad sensor.

Here is the simple procedure to check for the Dell Series 9 ink cartridge error.

Unplug the printer from the wall. Now remove the power brick from the back of the printer for 60 seconds. Plug everything back in. This will reset any error messages the printer has.

Power on the printer. Open the printer and take out the Dell Series 9 Black cartridge. make sure all the tape is off the cartridge and put the cartridge back in. Now do the same for the Dell Series 9 color cartridge.

You are using Dell Series 9 ink cartridges, correct?

Dell Series 9 ink cartridges have a sensor in them that cannot be reset. Article on refilling Dell ink cartridges.

Dell Series 9 ink cartridges can be purchased at Staples, Walmart or Dell's Website.

Black cartridge = black side(left side)          Color cartridge = color side(right side)

Photo cartridge = black side(left side)          Color cartridge = color side(right side) 

It is possible to get a Dell Series 9 cartridge with a bad sensor. Contact the place of purchase for a replacement.

Rick

36 Posts

November 3rd, 2010 04:00

Hello Rick and thanks again for your help. Yes I’m using Series 9 ink cartridges in my printer. I think you are right on of them may be bad. I kind of hate it because I only replaced both of these recently. I haven tried the last suggestion but once I’m a little more awake I give it a try. again many thanks…..

9 Legend

• 

30.3K Posts

November 5th, 2010 11:00

Blair1955,

Sometimes I get busy, especially the closer Thanksgiving gets nearer. I then get back logged in my emails. I have a certain priority I use first and sometimes an email get buried, like your did, sorry. Like I suspect the cartridge sensor may have failed.

I was asked by a friend if I could connect her to the internet. I spent a couple of hours there. Setup her wireless router and secured it. connected her to the internet and helped to install a few programs. It then came time to install her Brand X Printer. It connected to the network with no problems but I got a cartridge error, imagine that. Her husband is taking the printer back to get them to look at it.

Let me know how you make out with another cartridge, I think that will help.

Rick

36 Posts

December 16th, 2010 04:00

Rick I finally got around to buying new print cartridges and the problem is fixed I apologize for taking so long to reply and I appreciate your help.

9 Legend

• 

30.3K Posts

December 16th, 2010 08:00

Blair1955,

Glad you got it working! :emotion-21: Thanks for posting back. I have a Dell V715 wireless Printer and I try to keep it away from drafty places and away from heater ducts. Sometimes the Dell Series cartridges can get dried out but the airflow. I also keep my printer covered 24/7, except the printers exit chute, so the paper can come out after a document is printed. I have my Dell cartridges in since September and with the children doing homework and me printing coupons, black is half full and color is still around 75% full.

Take care,

Rick

No Events found!