Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

April 12th, 2007 16:00

AIO 962 "incorrect cartridge" msg

Getting very frustrated. Regardless of cartridge ( have tried both color and photo) in the right-side position, I keep getting a prompt that the right cartidge is incorrect. Have tried cleaning, re-seating, etc. I am confident I have the correct cartridges as they were ordered online trhrough Dell. Don't know what else to do. Help please.

1 Message

April 12th, 2007 17:00

can sympathize--am having same problems--error msg said color cartridge needed replacing--bought one at Staples and still didn't work--ordered one from Dell--and msg still says cartridge needs replacing or I haven't correctly removed label before installing.  I finally got it to print by going to the dell printer solutions area and in that area clicking on a button that said "print black from color cartridge" or something similar.  I'm thinking now that my color cartr has been fine all along and it's the black one that may need replacing.  Very frustrating as it has never given me an error regarding black cartridge, but it is printing at the moment via the method used above. 

1.4K Posts

April 12th, 2007 20:00

The photo ink cart is made to work ONLY in the left side to replace to black ink cart when printing photos and will always say wrong ink cart when placed in the right color ink cart side. The color ink cart which some people purchase from Staples (or any where else other than Dell) is a used ink cart and often will have problems. The new color ink cart from Dell may be defective and would probably be replaced by Dell upon request. If you have your old empty color ink cart you can put it in to see if the wrong ink cart message goes away. If it does then it is definately a defective new Dell color ink cart.

2 Posts

April 12th, 2007 21:00

I'm beginning to believe it is a defective color cartridge. Thank you for your input.

5 Posts

April 15th, 2007 18:00

I am getting or having the same problem as well.  I just used this printer yesterday and it worked fine.  My ink level yesterday was darn near full.  Now I am getting "incorrect right ink cartridge".......hummm.

I have tried (like stated above) going to the solution center and switching it to color cart. for all black printing, and still don't work!.

I will be calling Dell first thing Monday.  This is not the first time that I have had this issue with "Dell Ink".....

Any other solutions would be great!!!

4 Posts

April 18th, 2007 19:00

I've had same problem! One day all was fine, the next I got "incorrect right cartridge". I have tried everything, downloaded new driver and firmware, uninstalled and re-installed software, I've unplugged, disconnected removed the cartridge and cleaned them a dozen or more times and nothing has worked. Since others seem to be having to re-install new cartridges every few months I've refused to put a new one in. If anyone at Dell is reading these forums please HELP!

1 Message

May 24th, 2007 15:00

same problem.. blinking incorrect right cartridge.  I have been using this cartridge for quite awhile.  How can it be correct for months and then incorrect?  Has anyone resolved this problem?  Please help!  Thanks !

1 Message

September 14th, 2009 14:00

Hello Coral2u. I am having the same problem except I have a 944 printer.  I like you have tried everything except calling and talking to a tech. That is even 

irritating for me because I can't usually understand them because they are in some foriegn country.  Not that they aren't helpful, its just sometimes I get 

someone that doesn't speak English very well.  Oh well, that right now isn't the problem.  I hope that you or I get an answer to our problem shortly.  I really

need to have my printer working, a day doesn't go by that I don't use my printer, you'd think that my computer room was an office for the whole family 

sometimes...lol.  Well, I hope we both get an answer. Thanks for listening. Teaz:emotion-2:

No Events found!