Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

February 19th, 2006 23:00

AIO 964 printer problems

I have the aio 964 and it causes all kind of problems with my XPS 600. I have been dealing with Dell and it has not been good so far. By the time that I figured out the printer was the cause of my computer problems, it had been to long to return it.  It will not work with my computer. And I feel Dell should take it back. I would like to get e-mails from the other people with this printer that are having computer problems. Dell said that there is no problem with this printer and I am experiencing a unique problem I would like to prove them wrong!

Message Edited by nukker on 02-19-2006 08:02 PM

34 Posts

February 20th, 2006 12:00

You can add me to the list of the AIO 964 & XPS 600 non-compatibles.

It is clearly a printer driver issue (you can read my other posts on the trouble-shooting epics with Dell).

I have HP printers working in perfect harmony with the XPS so you can rule out an OS issue.

I have learned to "cope" with the error message by taking DLCJcats out of the startup after every print session using a startup manager program.

I will say that my AIO 964 does print and scan nicely.  I have not been disappointed in that area.
However, it does not make up for the fact about the incompatible drivers and the absurd installation process.  And the fact some have reported receiving the packaged pair directly from the factory with the .dll error on the first startup.  ***Let's look at the big picture here, Dell, if your techs can't get it to work correctly, why are you marketing the thing to be used with the XPS?***

In addition, the Dell call-in tech support, though courteous, was not very helpful.  I have found the information provided in these forums (notables ChrisM, VCraig, Magestic, and others) to be extremely helpful and am grateful for their time.

That's my rant, however useful it might be.  I guess I consider myself fortunate.  My XPS 600 is performing quite well and I would be happy to purchase it again (with some hindsight tweaks of course).
Thanks for the post, Nukker.  My hope is that Dell will have some updated drivers for the printer soon.

1 Message

February 25th, 2006 00:00

Hi

I just purchased an aio 964. The carriage does not move to a position that would allow me to install the initial ink cartridges. It stays to the far left, completely hidden by the structure. Can anyone help me with this. I am not getting off to a very good start.

6 Posts

February 28th, 2006 01:00

I bought my printer with XPS 400 and I am also getting the error screen too... every time I boot the system up. I think they need a recall on these and come up with something better !!!! I have even sent one printer back and the one I just received is doing the same thing...

6 Posts

February 28th, 2006 02:00

Thanks for replying...Let me konw if it fixes it..

30 Posts

February 28th, 2006 02:00

The problems that  I was told by a dell tech is that the printer and windows media edition are not compatible. Some of the printer files need to be removed to stop these errors. I have not done it yet.

I hate to reinstall this printer at all because of all the errors I got before. But he said that they are aware of this issue and for sure that removing these files will fix it. I am going to call him back when I have time to go through it with him. I will see if this solution is the fix.

569 Posts

March 1st, 2006 21:00

Follow through this thread for the '.dll error message upon boot' fix.

Good Luck! ;)

30 Posts

March 4th, 2006 02:00

My printer hates my computer so much that now it won't even install?? I phoned back tech support and we went through the processes to install the printer again and nothing. I put the disc in and click install and the screen goes away and nothing happens. So we went into the reg. And tried to find out if their is still something from the last install that would be stopping it from reinstalling. Nothing we found nothing. It will not install???

6 Posts

March 4th, 2006 10:00

Just wanted to let you know that you have fixed the problem with the error coming up at boot..... that wow folder was the whole problem..... and you need to get paid by Dell because no one there could figure it out....This is GREAT!!!     No more errror message....Thanks Printboy007 you did it...   I really appreciate the info....

6 Posts

March 14th, 2006 11:00

I have the same problem with the drivers on the 964 printer. Run dell error and the fax sometimes does not receive the call. I would suggest you call customer support and advise then to call the top techs who are definetely aware of the driver problem. How long do you have the printer?

6 Posts

March 14th, 2006 12:00

My 964 would not install either. I figured out the problem. I disabled Macafee by left clicking the icon and disabled virus scan, firewall etc. Then I proceeded to install the drivers from the CD. It did install and works fine except for the the following: The rundll error message comes up at boot. I also have found that if I am talking on that phone line after a few minutes the fax maxhine comes on and cuts me off. I also notice that sometimes when someone sends me a fax it does not pick it up unless I turn the machine off and on again. Then it takes the fax. This should not happen. I know from the Dell tech i have been in contact with that they are working on a fix. They say there are other higher priorities. if everyone calls and insists that they want this addressed asap then maybe we have a chance of it getting done. i do have to say that the dell has been very nice about this. I was concerned that the Rundll error could damage my operating system. I was advised that it would not.

i have the 9150/xps400 with window pro

Hope this helps

569 Posts

March 14th, 2006 15:00

DINA1 - Did you even read through the thread you posted these replies to?  It is likely that the fix for your .dll error message problem is in this very thread.  I suggest you go back and re-read! ;)

As far as your 'fax picking up during a call' issue, there is a firmware upgrade that specifically addresses this issue:

http://support.dell.com/support/downloads/download.aspx?c=us&cs=04&l=en&s=bsd&releaseid=R114639&SystemID
=PRN_PHT_964&os=WW1&osl=en&deviceid=9913&devlib=
0&typecnt=2&vercnt=2&formatcnt=1&fileid=151153

Good luck!

Message Edited by Printboy007 on 03-14-2006 11:41 AM

6 Posts

March 14th, 2006 17:00

Thank you for your response. I have readthe threads and know there is a fix to get rid of the error message. I was advised by one of the quote" top techs" from Dell not to do this. he advised me to wait for the fx from dell. I talked to him about the firmware for the fax going off when I am on the phone and he asked me to wait on everything thinking that the fix would have been here by now.
Is your printer working ok?

dina1

569 Posts

March 14th, 2006 18:00

Honestly, I don't think the Dell technician you spoke with knows what he's talking about.  The link to the firmware update for the fax issue is straight off of Dell's support website!  It's already out there to resolve the very types of issues (fax pick up) that you are currently having.  There is no need for any 'new' fix from Dell to address this, and I can assure there is no more work being done to resolve an issue that has already been resolved!  I would highly recommend that you perform the firmware update and see if it resolves your fax issues.  Here it is straight from support.dell.com:

Fixes and Enhancements

Fixed the following:
- Fax picks up and alerts during phone calls

I can pretty much promise you that the fix from Dell for the .dll error message WILL be the one found earlier in this thread.  It simply hasn't made its way up the chain yet.  I've sometimes seen it take a while before it ever does get there, and even when it does, you'll be dependant on this person to contact you to deliver the news. :(  I have seen the fix work with no ill affects whatsoever for many different people with this same problem.  People in this thread have even posted successful results!  It's your PC, and I understand you being nervous about performing the correct resolution for your problems, but these are both safe (and relatively simple) fixes for your two concerns.  It's your choice either way.  Good luck

No Events found!