Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

M

September 8th, 2010 21:00

AIO 966 - Printer Interface Has Stopped Working - It's the Google Toolbar!!!!!!!!!!

I have an AIO 966, purchased in 2007. I run it with a Dell Inspirion 1521. About two years ago, I started getting a dialog box that says"Printer Interface Has Stopped Working." I spoke with the Dell customer service, had on line chats with Dell, checked various on line communities, etc, even had a tech come to my house. I've removed drivers, reinstalled drivers, taken the printer off my wirless network, hard wired the printer, uplugged, rebooted, removed ink cartriges, checked and uncheked various boxed within the control panel. All of these fixes worked for a short period of time. But after a numer of prints, I always got "Printer Interface has Stopped Working" and I'd be back at square one.

Last night, after wasting 20 minutes on yet another on line chat with Dell, I searched the web under "AIO 966 Printer Interface Problems." After reading a number of posts, I came across one that had almost the identical story as mine. He said his AIO 966 started working properly once he removed the Google Desktop and Google Toolbar from his PC.  It seemed too simple. I tried it, and for the first time in two years, I am printing without issues.

I hope this helps any one who's experiencing a similar issue.

No Responses!
No Events found!