Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

November 23rd, 2009 22:00

AIO dell printer won't print?

My warranty expired for my Dell AIO 926, and now it's refusing to print.

I get either one of two messages:

1. "The printer cannot establish a connection to the computer"

2. The printing status bar goes all the way up to 100%, but nothing comes out?

I've tried reinstalling both the printer and the wireless adapter 3300, but to no avail.

Thanks for the help!

9 Legend

• 

30.3K Posts

November 24th, 2009 01:00

gogi,

Please follow these instructions below and the printer should install for you.

Make sure your computer has the latest Windows Updates, especially .net framework, needed to run many applications and the latest Java.

Download and run this patch to completely remove the printer from your computer. Run the patch, a MUST on Vista machines, until it prompts you to restart your computer.

Restart your computer.

Download the proper drivers.

XP Drivers

Vista 32-bit Drivers

64-bit drivers

All other drivers

Please fix your network first.

Update the firmware in your wireless router. Manufacturer's website, make & Model needed.

Broadcast SSID(You may want to change this to make it easier to connect)

Use WPA-PSK(TKIP) Security(WPA Personal). Most wireless devices work best with this type of security.

Mixed b and g mode(n if available)

Use channels 1, 6 or 11. Most devices work better on these channels. (I use channel 11)

Save and exit. Power everything off for 30 seconds. Power everything back on, wait 30 seconds, now try to connect.

After router is done, now setup your wireless print server/printer.

3300 Utility

3300 Firmware

Attach the 3300 to your computer using the USB Cable and insert the 3300 disk. Follow the instructions. It should ask you for the network ID, type of security and password.

Install the proper drivers, choose network. you should see the printer, click add, choose I'm using a wireless print server and follow the instructions. You should be able to print, scan, copy, etc.

***To install drivers, sometimes the file unzips and does nothing. You have to look for the setup.exe file, right click on it, then left click run as administrator***

As for scanning, if you have the disk that came with the printer, then insert the Printer disk and stop it from running. Go to My Computer and double click on it. Look for the drive with the Dell disk in it. Right click on it, left click explore. Look for the OCR Folder. In the OCR Folder, there is an Abbyy Folder. right click on setup.exe, that's in the Abbyy Folder and left click run as administrator. This will install the OCR program.

Rick

No Events found!