Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

May 3rd, 2009 21:00

AIO scans, copies but does not print.

My AIO has some interesting behavior.

My black cartridge was over for quite some time. So, I had not used the printer for a while. I replaced my cartridge and printed the test page. The printer makes all the noise as if its printing, but the page comes out blank. I checked all the connections and made sure its fine. I suspected the nozzle and cleaned it many times. When i tried to copy, it works perfectly fine. Which tells me, the cartridge and nozzle are fine and something else is wrong. Can you pls educate me and help me?

Thanks,

Jim

9 Legend

• 

30.3K Posts

May 3rd, 2009 21:00

Jim,

You said you can lay a document on the glass and make a copy of it, correct? If so, then I'd have to say it sounds like you need to re-install the printer using the instructions below.

Please make sure you have all Windows Updates, especially .net framework, (needed to run many applications) and the latest Java.

Disconnect your printer. Download and run this patch (a MUST with Vista machines) to completely remove the printer from your computer. Run the patch until it prompts you to restart your computer.

Restart your computer.

Download the proper drivers

XP Drivers

Vista 32-bit Drivers

Vista 64-bit Drivers

All other drivers

Install the proper drivers. You'll be prompted when to connect your printer.

As for scanning, if you have the disk that came with the printer, then insert the Printer disk and stop it from running. Go to My Computer and double click on it. Look for the drive with the Dell disk in it. Right click on it, left click explore. Look for the OCR Folder. In the OCR Folder, there is an Abbyy Folder. right click on setup.exe, that's in the Abbyy Folder and left click run as administrator. This will install the OCR program.

Scanning

Scanning using USB connection, open the Dell All-In-One Center, click on scanning and copying and scan from there.

Scanning wirelessly, use the scan buttons on the printer.

Let me know what happens.

Rick

3 Posts

May 8th, 2009 21:00

Rick,

Worked like a charm...!! I could not attend to this immediately as I was busy with work. Today was friday, decided to dedicate my evening. Did exactly the steps you mentioned and it worked like charm. Thank you very much dear friend..!! I owe you a heartfelt thanks and a cup of coffee. You bet. :emotion-1:

9 Legend

• 

30.3K Posts

May 9th, 2009 02:00

geniustud,

GREAT JOB! :emotion-21: Thanks for posting back. Could you mark the verify answer(s) that helped you solve your problem, so if someone else searches the forums, they can see what you did to fix your problem(s).

Thanks,

Rick

No Events found!