Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

December 22nd, 2005 11:00

AIO964 Dll Error

I recently installed a Dell AIO964 on my computer.  The printer works fine, but everytime I start the computer I get an error saying: Error in C:/windows......./dlcjtime.dll,  missing entry: rundllentry.  I am assuming that there is something wrong with the .dll file dlcjtime.dll or the executable that runs it.  I spent over 4 hours on the phone with the Indian folk and they had me uninstall and reinstall the printer at least 6 times.  Each time I thought they were going to add something different to the routine.  It didn't happen and I still get the error everytime I start the computer.  They even had me return my computer to it's out of the box state, which was no big deal because it was brand new anyway.  It is no big deal because things work alright, but when you pay that much money for a computer and printer, you don't want an error popping up everytime you start the computer.  If anyone knows where I can get a fix for this file or what the problem may be, please let me know.  I am not the most patient person in the world and refuse to waste precious free time talking to people at Dell who have no idea what they are doing.

34 Posts

April 5th, 2006 02:00

April 4, 2006

I have loaded the latest Creative Labs sound card drivers from the Dell download site and it appears to have eradicated the DLCJ.Cats error message.

I am hoping it is not a mirage or worse....a sign of the apocolypse!

I hope others are doing ok with their 964.

All the best.

11 Posts

May 25th, 2006 14:00

I am getting the same error message.  I have downloaded Startup Inspector and the error message is gone.  Until I use the printer again.  Then the error message and the deleted registry entry are back.  Anyone know how to get rid of it once and for all?

14 Posts

June 25th, 2006 18:00

Hi Black Wizzard

I have a new Dimension 9159 and the Dell Inkjet 924 Printer.

I am getting the

"Error in C:\Windows\System32\spool\drivers\W32x86\3\DLCCtime.dll

Missing Entry: RunDLLEntry"

every time I start up.

I have looked at your advice on the forum but when I use reedit and the "Find" option, I cannot find   DLCCATS or dlcctime.dll

I did find a programme file Dl_cats

However after phoning a friend who suggested I use RegCure (Cost a mere$19) I have cured the problem.

After running RegCure, the "Manage Startup" utility in the programme found the following entry which I then disabled.

Program: DLCCCATS

File Name: rundll32C:\WINDOWS|System32\spool\Drivers\W32X86\3\DLCCtime.dll,RunDLLEntry

PROBLEM SOLVED

cb5000

Message Edited by cb5000 on 06-25-200603:53 PM

Message Edited by cb5000 on 06-26-200601:05 PM

1 Message

August 30th, 2006 02:00

Hello everyone. I just purchased dell e1505 and aio 924 unit. After 924 installation I had the dlcctime.dll error message missing entry rundll entry. By following the forums instructions and using regedit the message has gone away. Thanks to all.  ar14

13 Posts

February 5th, 2007 18:00

Hi Folks

I too suffer from the dreaded ...\3\DCLFtime.dll   Missing Entry: RunDLLEntry  error message hving just installed a Del 725 on my new Dell Inspiron 1501 Laptop.  Printer seems to work perfectly OK but this message pops up at every log on.  I have tried Black_Wizards fix but canot find the entry in the registry, searching the registry comes up not found.  Not tried ringing DEL yet but may have to as a last resort.  Any help much apreciated

Berniebolt

February 5th, 2007 19:00

I can't believe this problem has not been resolved. I have had the same issue with my XPS 400 Desktop and my 964 printer for the past year. I live with it. I called Dell last week about it just as a last resort and they sent me a WIndows XP disc, which didn't come with my computer, to run and repair. It didn't fix the problem. The last resort according to them was to wipe out everything and start from scratch. I am not willing to do that since I run my biz off my desktop and don't want to spend hours trying to get everything back the way I want it.

Sorry I wasn't any help but I am surprised that the tech's haven't patched this yet especially since it has been known for quite some time.  

1.7K Posts

February 6th, 2007 19:00

If you have received this error here's a possible fix.

PLEASE REMEMBER THAT SINCE THIS FIX USES DELETING ITEMS FROM THE REGISTRY IT MAY CAUSE YOUR SYSTEM TO NOT BOOT. IF YOU CHOOSE TO USE THIS FIX IT IS AT YOUR OWN RISK.

Cause: The ATI chipset is writing a 64-bit registry entry into 32-bit OS and is conflicting with the printer software

Solution:
  1. Either create a restore point, or export the keys from the registry before making changes.
  2. Go to Start > Run > and type "regedit" then click okay
  3. Click the plus sign next to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE
  4. Click the plus sign next to  SOFTWARE
  5. Remove Wow6432node key from HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE.
  6. Right click on DLCJCATS in HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\MICROSOFT\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run and choose Modify. In the Value Data section, change the entry to rundll32 C:\WINDOWS\System32\spool\DRIVERS\W32X86\3\DLCFtime.dll,_RunDLLEntry@16 then click OK. The only thing that should need to be changed is adding an underscore before RunDLLEntry and @16 afterwards.
  7. Reboot, and verify the error is gone.

February 7th, 2007 20:00

Wow Gina, that's exactly what I was hoping for ... for the last two weeks anyway ... and the fix works. But, we have to be a bit flexible with it, because "DLCJCATS" comes in different "flavors", like "DLCCCATS" or "DLCGCATS" etc. and so is "DLCJtime.dll" or, like in my case, "DLCGtime.dll". If you adapt the procedure accordingly to your specific situation, your problem will be gone. And by the way that's probably the reason why a disk might not work after all. And just for the fun of it, here is my, a typically IT Consultants hands on solution for a enerving problem. After fiddling around with the system for a while I figured, quite rightly, that the problem came with a "run" entry "DLCGCATS" in the "HKLM" registry hive, which was reinitiated with every printer use. Since everything else seems to work just fine I opted to killed this entry (automatically) every time I shut down the system. So, I hacked "REG DELETE HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\ CurrentVersion\Run /v DLCGCATS /f" into Notepad and saved it as "KillThatBloodyThing.BAT" then I fired up "GPedit.msc" the Group Policy Editor (unfortunately this works only for Pro and MCE not Home) and entered under "Computer Configuration - Windows Settings - Scripts (Startup/Shutdown) this file including path there. Voila ... Piece A Cake ... problem solved ... maybe. Cheers

Message Edited by Erwin Hofmann on 02-07-2007 04:59 PM

February 8th, 2007 04:00

I'm not sure how I installed it manually - or if it shipped with my PC ( Dimension 9150) - but I have the Dell Support function activated.  It shows a small icon in the icon bar every time I boot up and when I am on line it is set to check for updates automatically.  One evening last month I was on line and on the phone when I was notified via Dell Support that a patch was available that would sort a problem it had found with my PC.  I wasn't paying too much attention but I downloaded the patch and the next time I rebooted the dreaded rundll error had disappeared and has not returned !!!

I'm sorry I can't be more specific but if it helps try loading Dell Support ( version 5.0.0.630 ) or looking on the dell.co.uk web site to see if there is a general fix now available.  I cannot find where the patch may have been downloaded to locally - but my problem is cured - so there is a fix out there.

The only residue is that a Dell Folder now opens on my desktop every time my PC is booted - anyone got any ideas how I switch this off............mind you - it is a fair trade I reckon.

best of luck to you all curing this horrible problem ( rundll error )

Frankieirishman

13 Posts

February 10th, 2007 15:00

Hi Folks

I followed the instuctions from Gina and Bingo! the error is fixed so I am a happy bunny especially as I am setting the laptop up as a present for Sis in Law.  I just think that DEL computers should all be OK with DEL printers without having to del anything (sorry but I couldn't resist the pun)

Thanks Gina

Rgds

Bernie

February 12th, 2007 19:00

Gina, THANK YOU! It worked. I've had this annoying issue for over a year and your fix did the trick!

1 Message

March 21st, 2007 07:00

Hi "Wizard"

Thanks a lot for your guidience with the printer issue. :smileyvery-happy:
It worked perfectly, and I then just have one question:
Do I just delete the backup file after the process?

Thanks again!

Chris2100cph

March 21st, 2007 07:00

If your computer works without further troubles then it is safe to delete it. But I would keep it under "My Documents" just to be safe :)

1 Message

May 15th, 2008 13:00

Go into your system configuration utility and make sure that DLCCCATS is enabled. This should stop the error message. If it's already enabled then I have no clue.

1 Message

November 4th, 2011 09:00

This needs a bump I used it today and it fixed the notorious error even in 2011. Thanks a bunch!!!!

No Events found!