Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

December 7th, 2008 11:00

All in One 962 ink problems

We have put new ink our printer yet the screen continues to say that both ink are low and the orange light constantly flashes.  What do I do to correct this problem?  Usually I can continue printing and it will print but the orange light always flashes.  Now though the color prints but the black won't. They are both BRAND new cartridges just put in!

Thanks

9 Legend

• 

30.3K Posts

giger4,

Please remember, if you still have your printer setup on the network and need to re-install the drivers, choose network and follow the instructions.

Rick

9 Legend

• 

30.3K Posts

Dell Series 5 ink cartridges have a sensor in them that cannot be reset. Article on refilling Dell ink cartridges.

Dell Series 5 ink cartridges can be purchased at Staples, Walmart or Dell's Website.

If these are Dell Series 5 ink cartridges, it's possible that the drivers may need re-installed this way.

Download the proper drivers.

XP Drivers

Vista 32-bit Drivers

All other drivers

Install the proper drivers. You'll be prompted when to connect your printer.

Install the latest firmware for the 962 printer

Scanning

Scanning using USB connection, open the Dell All-In-One Center, click on scanning and copying and scan from there.

Scanning wirelessly, use the scan buttons on the printer.

Rick

4 Posts

December 7th, 2008 13:00

We bought these ink cartridges at Office Max.  They say they are for Dell 962. 

If I reinstall the printer drivers will it affect my wireless network.  It was such a pain the first time so I don't want to mess anything up.  My printer is connected to an Inspiron 600m notebook.

9 Legend

• 

30.3K Posts

December 7th, 2008 14:00

They're probably NOT Dell Series 5 ink cartridges. I would take them back to Office Max and get a refund. Remember, Staples, Walmart or Dell's website(in above post).

I would hold off on the re-installation, since I suspect they''re NOT Dell ink cartridges.

Rick

No Events found!