Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

February 3rd, 2009 18:00

Any Suggestions for installing 964 AIO printer after new harddrive

I installed a new hard drive, but didnt have a utility disk for the printer.  The new drive properly found the new hardware (964 AIO printer) but couldnt find software to download.  I installed from dell downloads the R113115 driver (37Mb) and tried to unzip.  My problem starts here, the new drive I installed became J:, there is a drive C: supposably installed though it says there is no disk space.  When the R113115 tries to unzip it gives an error message saying that it cannot create C:Dell/printer folder which is true since C: drive is gone.  I cant change this!!! I think I somehow managed to unzip the file to my desktop now if I try and add printer it cant find the file by itself so I try to do it myself.  It seems to look for a .inf file that I find in drivers/scan that appears to be the right one as it comes up with a picture of the printer.  Anyway, I add it but then I get either the hardware is not supported or that the software isnt compatible with USB which is what my printer is.  I have uninstalled everything and started over a few times, further when I unzipped on my desktop there is now a setup file that I clicked and the dell photo 964 installation window comes up to where I select whether to put this on a network or make it local, when I select personel installation for this computer only I get a not enough disk space error saying there is not enough disk space on target drive which I assume is drive C: which is not there as I have drive J: I am growing grey hair in bunches trying to figure out how to change the target location does somebody have any thoughts? 

Your thoughts would be insanely helpful!!!!

Thanks,

Dave

9 Legend

• 

30.3K Posts

February 3rd, 2009 22:00

Dave,

Follow these instructions and the printer should install for you. The patch MUST be run on Vista machines.

Download and run this patch to completely remove the printer from your computer. (This patch is like a cleaner and works on XP and Vista systems)

Restart your computer.

Download the proper drivers.

XP Drivers

Vista 32-bit Drivers

All other drivers

Vista 64-bit Drivers

Go to device manager(right click my computer, left click properties, left click hardware, left click device manager)

Go to the USB Controller section and click the + sign.

Starting at the bottom, USB Root Hubs, and working your way to the top, USB Universal Controllers, un-install everything in that section.

Restart your computer. Windows will find everything again and correct the problem one. Please be patient. The new hardware wizard may work 3-5 minutes before it's done.

Install the proper drivers. You'll be prompted when to connect your printer(powered on)

Please remember to install the latest firmware for the 964 printer.

Scanning

Scanning using USB connection, open the Dell All-In-One Center, click on scanning and copying and scan from there.

Scanning wirelessly, use the scan buttons on the printer.

Rick

No Events found!