Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

August 8th, 2017 06:00

B2375DNF Printer will pause between documents

We have deployed about 1000 printers to our users and have found that they all have a lengthy pause between printing documents.  Many times the printer will actually loose connection with the computer and then the computer and printer will need to be rebooted for the documents to print again.

We have found a solution to this but wanted to know if anyone else has experienced this.

We use Windows 10 professional and these printers are connected via a USB cable.  In all instances of this issue, we are using the Dell Lattitude 3570 laptop.

To work around this issue, we have found that disabling the bluetooth driver (through Device Manager) and then changing the printer driver from the XPS driver to the older windows 7 version using PCL6 would solve the issue entirely.

Somehow, the bluetooth driver is interfering with how the printer communicates with windows, and additionally the newer XPS driver causes a lengthy pause between documents.  We have asked Dell to reexamine the XPS driver for this issue, but they say that no one else has had this issue and it must be our software.

Has anyone else experienced this?

Community Manager

• 

2.4K Posts

August 9th, 2017 10:00

Thanks for the post and solution you found to this. I haven't found anything on our internal or even external 3rd party sites about this.. and while I do not handle printers often, I will also try to pass this on internally. 

If anything else changes, please let me know. I don't know if I will have any further updates but if I do I will be sure to share.

Best regards,

Brad

No Events found!