Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

C

January 25th, 2017 06:00

B2375dfw Mono MFP Scan Issues - System Resource not ready or Busy

I've recently encountered an error with a client's printer's scanning function:
I can no longer scan via the "Scan to PC" button on the printer. When I attempt to use this button, I receive the following error message on my computer: "The requested image could not be scanned. Please, check if your scanner is connected properly. If your system does not have enough memory, please, try to reduce the image resolution or size". On the printer's digital display, I see a message that says "System Resource not ready or busy".

That being said, the printer can scan images using Windows Fax and Scan, so the scan functionality is actually working, but the Scan to PC button is not.

Information about the setup:
- Connected to my computer via USB
- Windows 10
- Plenty of free space on computer, memory/disk space is not an issue

Things I've tried:
- Completely uninstalling and and reinstalling the printer drives and all related software
- Restarting Windows Imaging Acquisition service
- Ensuring the printer is set as the default
- Restarting the Spooler service

Although the client can currently scan via Windows Fax and Scan, he wants this issue fixed ASAP because the button on the printer is more convenient and saves him time for the large amount of scanning he has to do.

How can I fix this issue?

• 

16.7K Posts

January 25th, 2017 09:00

cmurphy0716,

You can click the link below to view the online manual. The manual provides information that you are requesting.

Dell B2375DFW Drivers, Downloads and Manuals

http://dell.to/2k448RI

January 25th, 2017 10:00

Hi Jesse,

That's.... not overly helpful, honestly.

Manuals don't exactly cover specific troubleshooting situations very frequently, and from the half-page section on troubleshooting scanning issues, nothing there covers my issue.

There is no mention in the entire manual of the error message appearing on my computer screen, nor the message appearing on the screen of the printer.

An actual suggestion would be helpful if possible :)

55 Posts

January 30th, 2017 07:00

The only thing I can think of that may be causing this is some sort of security policy? Is the system on an Active directory domain? Can you try another PC with just a hand install of the OS and the printer driver/application suite? Ive also seen in other cases where theres separate applications for other printers that are installed causing the problem.

February 2nd, 2017 04:00

Appreciate the response, UncleSmash.

Sorry for the slow response time on my part, I'm the only IT working currently and have been slammed these past few days.

The computer is part of an AD domain, but the policies aren't impacting the printer. The printer, as a fresh install on another device, works perfectly.

I have completely removed drivers, software/applications from the offending machine before and reinstalled, only to encounter the same problem. Ultimately at this point, I'm about to tell the client to simply deal with the issue as it's far too small a problem to spend more time investigating, but I'd love to actually know the cause.

55 Posts

February 2nd, 2017 06:00

Sounds like its related to the clients image if it works on another device. Maybe the event log on that OS might have some insight?

55 Posts

February 2nd, 2017 07:00

Another suggestion would be to run msconfig and kill all the TSR's and see if that solves it. If it does then add them back one by one to see if one of the TSR's are causing the problem.

4 Posts

June 17th, 2018 05:00

did you ever get this problem resolved?  I have the exact same message with a different dell printer and have done all the exact steps you have and have not found an answer, and dell wants to charge 59.95 because it is out of warranty.  any assistance would be extremely helpful as no one who replied to you seemed to have been able to supply any.

No Events found!