Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

January 9th, 2010 13:00

Bad Windows 7 drivers for my Dell 1700 printer

I purchased a Dell laptop that runs Windows 7. My Dell 1700 laser printer which worked fine with WindowsXP is not being recognized by Windows 7 despite Dell's support site advising that the printer is Windows 7 compatable. I have tried dwonloading and using Dell's driver in the support section. I have downloaded LexMark's window drivers for that model as well and nothing has worked. I have followed suggestions to load the Vista driver using Vista compatability. So I now have a perfectly good laser printer purchased in 2004 (and it was a terrific printer) that is a boat anchor. I have called Dell's printer support team in the Phillipines and they cannot make it work despite several hours trtying. I believe that the driver has a problem with the 1700 model. Dell's support service sloppiness will be the end of them.

9 Posts

May 29th, 2014 17:00

I used the Dell 1700n XP installation CD on Win 7, and it worked fine.

UPDATE:  Had to remove then re-install driver.  I used the 1700n Dell CD for XP.  This time it griped about not being able to install, but I X'd out of those dialogs and found that it had indeed installed the driver, and it works fine.

No Events found!