Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

March 18th, 2014 19:00

Bundled PaperPort scanning software no longer recognizes 2155cdn scanner

Hi. I have a Dell 2155cdn MFP connected via LAN cable to our home router. Running Win 7. The printer came with PaperPort for scanning, and that has worked, generally speaking for a couple of years. Version 12.

Recently, I had a problem with the printer where it wasn't detecting paper in the tray. After spending time with Dell support, we found that we could solve this by printing to the IPv6 version of the printer. Apparently, this is a known issue within Dell.

Since making this change, Paperport no longer recognizes my scanner. The list of scanners includes on the IPv4 TWAIN one and two WIA ones. No IPv6 is in the list. Lastly, in Device Mgr, the IPv4 entries for the 2155 (printer, fax) have an error - the yellow triangle "!"

I'm in over my head on this one! Can anyone help?

105 Posts

March 19th, 2014 01:00

PaperPort can recognize your scanner if you will confirm that it is selected correctly within PaperPort. To do this, follow these steps:

• Launch PaperPort.
  • Click on "File", "Select Scanner", and select your scanner's TWAIN driver. or click on the "Scan" button and select your scanner from the "Scanner" drop-down menu. (These steps depend on the type of PaperPort that you are using.)
  • In cases when multiple drivers are listed, choose the appropriate driver for the scanner.
  • Scan within PaperPort.

If these steps still won't work, you can try uninstalling the previous PaperPort version then reinstall using a newer version.

5 Posts

March 19th, 2014 09:00

In my version of PaperPort (12) there is no file menu. In the "Scan or Get Photo" panel, it shows "Scanner: TWAIN Dell 2155 Color MFP (LAN)." There's a "Select" button under that. When I click that it shows that scanner and the WIA equivalent.

If I click Advanced Setup and Yes to test my device, I get "Unable to connect with the scanner. Scan your job again."

I'm pretty sure this has to do with it looking for the scanner on the IPv4 settings, which are no longer active. I think I either need to get the IPv4 connection to the MFP working again, or somehow point PaperPort to the IPv6 connection.

Both of these are beyond my technical skills!

No Events found!