Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

July 8th, 2014 10:00

C1760NW, jamming

Hi, Only have a new Dell C1760nw colour laser printer a few weeks. I was printing today and it ran out of paper. I put new paper into the front feed and as the first page went in it got jammed and started loudly clicking. I stopped the print job. turned it off, opened the back feed door. pulled up the two blue levers and manually took out the page. Reset it and turned it back on. It went through it's usual process and then the light went green as normal and it said "Ready to Print". When I tried to print again the page would go in and get stuck and now i'm constantly getting a message saying paper jam open rear cover remove paper 077-900

Can somebody please help me!

2 Intern

• 

259 Posts

July 9th, 2014 10:00

Hello MARKIE2210,

Based on the error your getting it sounds like there may still be some paper debris in the pathway or the sensory did not reset. Please load just a single sheet into the tray area and hold the cancel button for about 5 seconds. This should force the paper to be picked and pushed thru the printer, clearing the issue.

Regards,

Joseph E

#iworkfordell

1 Message

February 12th, 2015 03:00

I would just like to confirm that the single sheet of paper and holding the cancel button for 5 seconds worked a treat for me.  Many thanks.

1 Message

May 17th, 2016 04:00

Wow that worked! Many thanks!

1 Message

January 11th, 2017 12:00

Worked like a charm for me as well. There was and inch-size piece of paper left that I could not see and the single sheet pushed it out. Thanks!

1 Message

January 19th, 2019 08:00

Hi I have tried pressing the cancel button, but this did not force a paper or do anything. Any advises Thanks

2 Posts

November 26th, 2019 02:00

Hi There

I've done this twice but it is still telling me there is a jam!!  Any further thoughts please?

2 Posts

November 26th, 2019 02:00

No worries - I just found a sheet tightly concertina'd up inside right at the top at the back - managed to get it out with tweezers!

1 Message

December 24th, 2019 13:00

I have the same problem and pressing cancel for 5 seconds or longer does nothing.

1 Message

February 11th, 2020 02:00

dell c1760nw has a paper jam crumpled up in the op of the printer at point of exiting a printed document. I cannot remove it in the usual way. nee to open the top cover. Can you help please?

No Events found!