Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

September 10th, 2015 21:00

C2665 Scan to email issues

I am in Setup via web browser.

Primary SMTP Gateway
SMTP Port Number (1 ~ 65535)
E-Mail Send Authentication Invalid POP before SMTP (Plain) POP before SMTP (APOP) SMTP AUTH (Plain) SMTP AUTH (Login) SMTP AUTH (CRAM-MD5) *SMTP AUTH (AUTO)
SMTP Login User
SMTP Login Password
Re-enter SMTP Login Password

under gateway I have it setup to smtp.gmail.com

Port 465

Login in my Gmail email address M*******@gmail

then password.

When I hit apply I get this

Incorrect settings.
Please check the settings for following items.

Primary SMTP Gateway

Help!

372 Posts

September 15th, 2015 09:00

I have the answer to this issue, I setup a google address to scan to any email address from home.

Here is the major issue. Google wants us to use their Google Apps. Our Dell Printer does not use a google app. So we have to get a password from Google to access their email system. They make us go through this step for all non-google app access.

Two steps in Google to allow the printer to access your account.

Go to your Google gmail account. You need to activate the 2-Step Verification turned on

mail.google.com/.../0 etc

Last Google STEP!

Go to App Passwords.

Setup a password for ALL applications you will use, like your printer. It will Generate a password for you. Copy it >This is an important step. You need this password to make it all work.

Step one, log into your printer via web browser.

Print Server Settings> then click the tab [Print Server Settings] >then [TCP/IP]

2nd box down you will see DNS. IPv4 un-check the Get DNS box enter this address 8.8.8.8

Click at the bottom Apply new Settings. You MUST always apply the setting before leaving the page or it doesn’t save the setting.

Step 2, go to the [E-Mail Server] tab

Primary SMTP Gateway: smtp.gmail.com

SMTP Port Number: 465

Email Send Auth: *SMTP AUTH (AUTO)

SMTP login: your gmail login email here

Password: your G-mail GENERATED password. This is where you paste that password that Google generated.

Password: repeat

POP and POP3 ignore it.

Reply Address: your gmail email address goes here again

Click at the bottom Apply new Settings. You MUST always apply the setting before leaving the page or it doesn’t save the setting.

Step 3

Click the [Security] tab above

Then the SMTP - SSL/TLS Communication: *SSL/TLS

No Events found!