Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

W

August 1st, 2017 09:00

C2665dnf Wired & Wireless Connection

We love our C2665dnf printer but we were curious - it seems we cannot have both the Wireless Adapter and the wired connection at the same time... when one is running, the other is off. Is there a way to have both connections available at the same time? If so, what changes must we make to our settings to accomplish this? Thank you so much for your help! 

42 Posts

August 1st, 2017 11:00

I guess I wasn't as clear as I could be... I didn't mean to attempt printing at the same time. My problem is that if we choose to use the printer with the wireless adapter (by restarting the printer without the network cable attached) when we plug the network cable, we can only use the wireless network. When we restart the printer with the network cable plugged in, we lose the wireless capability. We would like to have both choices and I think when we first purchased the printer, we could all access it whether wired or not but... now we can't. I still think there is a simple network setting we have missed but I don't know for sure. Thank you for responding so quickly... it does my heart good!

• 

17K Posts

August 1st, 2017 11:00

weaverworks,

You can setup the printer to print from both wired or wireless but, you can only print from one or the other. If the printer is networked to other computers where some are on wifi and others are wired, the print spooler will only print in order it receives.

You can click the link below to download the online manual. Within the manual will be all the networking configuration information to setup the connections. If I am missing something with understanding your question, let me know.

Dell C2665dnf Printer Drivers, Downloads and Manuals

42 Posts

August 1st, 2017 12:00

Well, I began last week with the manual and for the life of me could not get the printer to cooperate. I fully believe I am missing something simple but whatever it is I am completely stymied. Ah, well.

• 

17K Posts

August 1st, 2017 12:00

weaverworks,

Thanks for replying back to me. If you go through the manuals to the connections settings to verify or change the settings for both, you should be able to achieve what you had when you first set it up.

9 Legend

• 

30.3K Posts

August 1st, 2017 14:00

weaverworks,

Just a thought.

When a Dell Inkjet printer is wireless, if the desktop is plugged into the wireless router, it can print to the wireless printer, no cables attached. Not sure how your network is setup but if you can somehow attach the cables to your wired network to the wireless router, then it should work the same way.

Rick

42 Posts

August 2nd, 2017 05:00

We have both wireless and wired computers / servers. We have a large shop where some of us work off of laptops far from the printer but others use desktop wired PCs. The preference for our desktop folks is the wired connection. That is why I need both options available. The problem is that despite reading the manual over and over, I cannot find a way to keep both options active on the printer simultaneously. If wireless is on, wired is off. If wired is on, wireless is off. Again, I know there is something simple I am missing but for the life of me, I can't figure out what it is.

9 Legend

• 

30.3K Posts

August 2nd, 2017 15:00

weaverworks,

Most big companies use some type of print server.

Try posting a new post about the printer being used on a network that you want it wired and wireless and maybe someone in the NETWORKING FORUM can assist you with the answer.

Rick

42 Posts

August 3rd, 2017 06:00

Will do! Thank you!

No Events found!