Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

January 9th, 2010 10:00

CANON Pixma IP3000

I had my printer installed previously and it worked just fine. Someone used my laptop and deleted it. I was unable to get it to work again, so I completely (or so I thought) deleted it and tried to reinstall it. It shows in the system, but not in my printer folder. I don't know what happened or how to fix it. Anyone out there have any ideas??? I need HELP!

9 Legend

• 

30.3K Posts

January 9th, 2010 10:00

AriaZ,

If this was recently, try using System Restore first and go back to a time when the printer was there and worked.

What is the make and model of your computer and operating system? 32-bit or 64-bit?

How is the printer connect to the computer?

Make and model of the printer(s) and what problems with each are helpful. Is this just the Canon Pixima IP3000 or the 926 and the 1700 printer, too?

Rick

3 Posts

January 9th, 2010 12:00

I don't have a restore point avail. that far back. The printer was deleted/changed back in November.

I have a 32-bit

printer connects to laptop through usb

I'm only using the Canon iP 3000.

9 Legend

• 

30.3K Posts

January 9th, 2010 12:00

AriaZ,

Since I don't know the make and model of your computer and operating system, this is somewhat basic.

Disconnect the printer.

Unistall the printer, Start control panel, programs and features (add/remove porograms) Also use Manual Printer Driver Removal

Restart your computer.

Now try downloading the drivers from Cannon's Website.

Install the poroper drivers. If using Windows 7, try installing the Vista printer drivers in the Vista compatibility mode.

After you install the printer drivers, you should get a message that the printer is not connected. Connect the printer at this time.

What happens?

Rick

3 Posts

January 9th, 2010 13:00

The make, as I wrote, is Canon. The model as stated is Pixma iP3000. I am running Windows Vista (32 bit). I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling from the Canon website. It doesn't like my os, but yet it WAS working on this computer with this same os for 1,5 years. I can't figure out what's wrong this time. I will try again to uninstall and reinstall from the Canon website. I'll get back to you.

Ariannah

9 Legend

• 

30.3K Posts

January 9th, 2010 13:00

AriaZ,

Make a system restore point.

Download Windows Installer CleanUp Utility. Find the Canon Printer and click on it to remove it this way. Restart your computer.

Now try installing the printer.

Rick 

No Events found!