Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

January 18th, 2006 15:00

Can not close reg cover on Dell Color Laser Printer 3100cn

Dell Color Laser Printer 3100cn.

After removing a paper jam, the reg cover (back cover) will not close.  I tried powering down the system for about a minute and restarting in order to close the reg cover, but that didn't help.  There is no defect or damage to any of the parts, the reciever is clear and free from any obstruction.  The reg cover simply won't stay shut when closed.

Any help would be appreciated.

13 Posts

January 19th, 2006 11:00

Hello

There are a smal list that you can flipp try to keep it up at the same time you close the reg cover

/Zedde

2 Posts

January 25th, 2006 13:00

Did you ever get it to close?  I'm having the same problem!  It seems like everything is lined up ok, it just won't close.

Thanks!

340 Posts

January 25th, 2006 14:00

I had a problem when I first installed the cartridges.

Make sure that all of the toner cartridges and the drum unit are installed correctly. If one is slightly off, then you cannot close the front cover.

I do not know if this is your problem, but it is one that I experienced.

2 Posts

January 25th, 2006 15:00

It's actually the back cover that won't close all the way. Everything seems normal back there, and it just won't shut. Any dell people monitor these forums?

Help!

January 25th, 2006 17:00

I was able to get the back reg cover close and here's how. 

The cover slides just slightly to the left and right (very slightly almost not noticable) and occassionally aligns with the ridges on the inside causing it to buckle and thus not close.  Try and offset the ridges just slightly and then close. 

Also, I noticed a little hook at the bottom of the reg cover that flips up inside the cover.  It is roughly in the center bottom of the back reg cover and can be felt from the outside.  Flip it up while trying to close the cover.  This should also work.  I'm not sure if it just gets in the way, but it also helps.  Just be careful you don't pinch your fingers. 

Good luck.

1 Message

January 18th, 2011 08:00

" The cover slides just slightly to the left and right (very slightly almost not noticable) and occassionally aligns with the ridges on the inside causing it to buckle and thus not close.  Try and offset the ridges just slightly and then close.  "

This worked for me!!!  Thanks!

1 Message

November 12th, 2013 06:00

The solution is to lay the printer on its front completely, then the back cover will close with no problems. This causes whatever was blocking the way to get out of the way and close. This works, I just did it on two Dell3100CN printers. I had to open the back cover to check for a paper jam and I couldn't get it to close. I opened the reg cover on another dell3100cn printer to figure out how, but then I couldn't get that to close too.

No Events found!